Cameron Great Seats

I may splurge for great seats for my daughter and me for the Duke/UNC game. There are seats available on stub hub in section 19, row 1, seats 53,54. I haven't been to cameron since I was a student. Are these behind the duke bench or unc bench? I wouldn't want to drop serious coin and end up with the enemy.

I could well be wrong, but section 19 would be downstairs in the bleachers as would be seat numbers that high. That's pretty curious to me. I'd investigate further.

I think that would be behind the scorers' table. Do check out the scams sticky in the ticket exchange.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by LBF View Post
    I may splurge for great seats for my daughter and me for the Duke/UNC game. There are seats available on stub hub in section 19, row 1, seats 53,54. I haven't been to cameron since I was a student. Are these behind the duke bench or unc bench? I wouldn't want to drop serious coin and end up with the enemy.
    FYI, that's row I, not row 1...row I is at the back of the bleachers...
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    FYI, that's row I, not row 1...row I is at the back of the bleachers...
    Row I. Bummer I thought for 4k my daughter could run the scoreboard or at least be in the first row

I know it sucks the ticket prices go up to the stratosphere for CIS. I feel bad for paying top dollar for these seats, but better a dukie than the dire alternative. That said, I think ill go a little further up and save thousands. There is no reason why bleacher seats should run 4k and upper level middle in the mid 1ks.

Row I. Bummer I thought for 4k my daughter could run the scoreboard or at least be in the first row

I know it sucks the ticket prices go up to the stratosphere for CIS. I feel bad for paying top dollar for these seats, but better a dukie than the dire alternative. That said, I think ill go a little further up and save thousands. There is no reason why bleacher seats should run 4k and upper level middle in the mid 1ks.
    Man, that's a LOT of beer! Oops, wrong thread

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

It's a risk (though not a big one) but I think you could get a better deal than that by just scalping outside CIS on gameday.

Otherwise, from a comfort/game experience, I would take mid-level bowl all day long over the seated bleacher seats. Save the dough...

Iron Duke friend

Listen brother... we go to a number of games at CIS each year. We could not unless we had a friend that is an Iron Duke. If you can, for the future, befriend an Iron Duke (if you can find one who has not committed to the UNC game)...other games are easier), and see if they might give you a call when tickets become available. There are great games always, the UNC game is only one of them. If I were an Iron Duke (I wish), I would spring for getting you and your daughter tickets somehow. Sadly, I have to rely whether my Iron Duke friend is going or not.
    But... do try to find an Iron Duke who is willing to give you a call when tickets are available.Parking is another perk. BTW... we have to drive over 6 hours to get to CIS; but we do it gladly. Beat Carolina again!!
    Good luck...
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by dukepsy1963 View Post
    we have to drive over 6 hours to get to CIS; but we do it gladly. Beat Carolina again!!
    J.
    My wife and I are flying in from Scottsdale, AZ for the game. I won the auction last night and we both are so excited to go to our first Duke vs UNC game at CIS. This will be a first time for my wife at CIS.

Needless to say, the auctions on this site are very good way to obtain tickets. And on top of it, the money you are paying goes to a charity. A win for you, A win for the charity & a big win for Duke Blue Devils!!

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    It's a risk (though not a big one) but I think you could get a better deal than that by just scalping outside CIS on gameday.

Otherwise, from a comfort/game experience, I would take mid-level bowl all day long over the seated bleacher seats. Save the dough...
    Um... scalping outside a unc game is tough. very tough...

Any other game, and I'd agree.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Um... scalping outside a unc game is tough. very tough...

Any other game, and I'd agree.

-jk
    Tough as in ability to even get a ticket, or tough as in having to pay more than $4K. I have never scalped for that game but in talking with folks that have, they get in anywhere from $1K to $2K.

I did hear a story from the Syracuse game where a Duke couple showed up intending to attend the game, got offered $2800 for their two seats, and decided it was too much money to turn down...

Tough as in ability to even get a ticket, or tough as in having to pay more than $4K. I have never scalped for that game but in talking with folks that have, they get in anywhere from $1K to $2K.

I did hear a story from the Syracuse game where a Duke couple showed up intending to attend the game, got offered $2800 for their two seats, and decided it was too much money to turn down...
    Very small number of tickets on the market. Very tough to get one. About the only game I wouldn't try to scalp into. (And I spent two season scalping in.)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by dukepsy1963 View Post
    Listen brother... we go to a number of games at CIS each year. We could not unless we had a friend that is an Iron Duke. If you can, for the future, befriend an Iron Duke (if you can find one who has not committed to the UNC game)...other games are easier), and see if they might give you a call when tickets become available. There are great games always, the UNC game is only one of them. If I were an Iron Duke (I wish), I would spring for getting you and your daughter tickets somehow. Sadly, I have to rely whether my Iron Duke friend is going or not.
    But... do try to find an Iron Duke who is willing to give you a call when tickets are available.Parking is another perk. BTW... we have to drive over 6 hours to get to CIS; but we do it gladly. Beat Carolina again!!
    Good luck...
    J.
    I am an iron Duke. I am waited too long and no tickets were available for this one.

Yes, no way would I risk flying out with no ticket for this game. I ended up buying from stubhub section 16 row A for $1700 each.

WOW ! Anyone I know??

Is there a tougher ticket to score in all of sports than UNC at Duke? I really don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    WOW ! Anyone I know??
    No idea! Was noot told their names. That's nuts though.

No idea! Was noot told their names. That's nuts though.
    Would you have sold your ticket for $1,400?

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Would you have sold your ticket for $1,400?
    No, not us. Now $2k maybe but you have to be very sure that your buyer doesn't blab to people who sit around you. It's also frowned upon by the ID office and they can revoke your seats but I've yet to hear of that ever happening and we've been in there nearly 8 yrs.

jk is also right that the holes game is a tough scalp-outside stadium to find. And for 2 tickets? No way.

PS to the OP, go uppers and save some $.