While reading through the NC State/UNC game thread, I noticed some talk of Paige or Warren perhaps getting ACC Player of the Year. That got me to thinking, who do I think will win it?

I think that Fair and Ennis will split a lot of votes, removing either one from serious contention.

Erik Green proved last year that you can play on a terrible team and still win Player of the Year. How it wasn't Shane Larkin I will never fully understand (or Mason, but whatever, can't win em all).

Paige is averaging 17 and 4, which are pretty solid numbers, but not great considering the amount his team needs him to score.

I think Jabari is the front runner here. He is tops in the league in rebounding and second in scoring to Warren, and Jabari has tons of options around him. His defense is not great, and he turns the ball over too much, but he is easily the best player in the conference. Does that make him POY?

Will people not vote for him because he's a freshman with tons of hype? I don't think that will be the case, because he makes everyone money. When people see a story headline with the name Jabari Parker, they're going to read it.

I think the vote is probably between Warren and Jabari (mostly due to the fact that Ennis and Fair will really split some votes, and Rodney isn't really in contention right now, thought perhaps he should be), and I can't see the POY going to a low tier team for the second year in a row.

Obvious bias accepted, but I tried to be objective.