View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-48 win over Virginia Tech?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

0 0%
  • Rodney Hood

39 61.90%
  • Amile Jefferson

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

5 7.94%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

18 28.57%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

0 0%
  • Marshall Plumlee

1 1.59%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Semi Ojeleye

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Va Tech (Feb 25, 2014)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 66-48 win over Virginia Tech?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Sheed did a bit of everything, so voted for him. Rodney obviously had a very steady game as well.

It was a tough choice for me between Rodney and Rasheed. I voted for Mr. Hood. Rodney got Duke off to a fast start with his 3s, then went cold for awhile but then warmed up again. Rasheed played exceptional defense, pressured their point guard into 6 turnovers, had 5 assists and 0 turnovers. On top of that he scored 15 points. Can I have a do over? I believe Rasheed deserved it more,but both were deserving. I like it when it's hard to pick a winner. Usually that means more than one player played well, which means a Duke victory. GoDuke!

I voted for Rodney, because he was the guy assigned to bust the 3-2 zone by flashing to the foul line. And he did it well when the other zone busters (3 pointers) weren't falling. Critical contribution.

But how about the development of MP3 recently? Against VT: 4 points, 6 rebounds, and he didn't miss a single foul shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    It was a tough choice for me between Rodney and Rasheed. I voted for Mr. Hood. Rodney got Duke off to a fast start with his 3s, then went cold for awhile but then warmed up again. Rasheed played exceptional defense, pressured their point guard into 6 turnovers, had 5 assists and 0 turnovers. On top of that he scored 15 points. Can I have a do over? I believe Rasheed deserved it more,but both were deserving. I like it when it's hard to pick a winner. Usually that means more than one player played well, which means a Duke victory. GoDuke!
    I'll throw in that Jabari had a double double.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'll throw in that Jabari had a double double.
    I agree about Jabari. He looked to be tired. He was breathing very hard in the first half. But the way he runs the court, no wonder he's tired. He had an unusual stat line: 3 assists, 3 turnovers, 3 blocks and 3 steals. A good poker hand, four 3's, lol. GoDuke!

I really liked Rasheed's play last night but I went with Rodney despite when he didn't secure the rebound and Van Zegeren had the wide open dunk on that one play. Also, I loved Rodney's accent during his post game interview.

I'm giving props to Tyler. He wasn't the MOTM, but played a great game. The statistics won't show it. Both offense and defense were running noticeably better with him in there. On defense, he never backs down and disrupts the other team's flow. I'm going to miss seeing him out there.

Rasheed for his superb defense from the opening tip to the end, really suffocated the life out of them. The VT coach even said his defense was their biggest issue all night.

On top of that he played a solid all round game on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lar77 View Post
    I'm giving props to Tyler. He wasn't the MOTM, but played a great game. The statistics won't show it. Both offense and defense were running noticeably better with him in there. On defense, he never backs down and disrupts the other team's flow. I'm going to miss seeing him out there.
    Same here. I think the torch is going to get passed to Matt, who has the same defensive instincts in Duke's system, except Matt guards on-the-ball even better. When Matt fixes his shooting -- hopefully it'll only take this upcoming offseason to do so -- he's going to be an excellent 2-guard for Duke. He also strikes me as someone who loves being at Duke and someone that might be a captain his senior year, like Tyler.

I voted Tyler because he set the tone defensively and followed through the whole game.