Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 89, BC 68 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Jabari Parker.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Jabari Parker.

That is all.
    With a seasoning of Quinn, that is.

Love it...K is massaging this team into a championship team

Be in Indy for your way to FF...good luck Ya know

I think this team is firing on all cylinders now. And a bit of swag to boot

Great game by Duke.

- slow start on defense... but they really locked down in the 2nd
    - line changes are likely gone for the year
    - Quinn is back; looks healthy and was on fire
    - Parker was unstoppable, mainly because he played post most of the game
    - I like the Sulaimon/Cook combo on the floor; two PGs with scoring mentality will make it hard for teams to defend Duke
    - Sulaimon and Parker had a nice rapport going
    - BC is much better than their record. But they are still pretty bad.

Jabari looked amazing, but I was actually happier to see confidence, a full game's worth of minutes, and great three point shooting from Quinn Cook.

I was sorry to see Marshall log zero minutes. I thought that he could have been pretty effective against BC's front line.

Surprised not to see Dawkins at all in the second half. Again, I am glad that Quinn was playing so well.

That technical foul call on Jabari was complete crap. I have seen Shaq do that many times. I think with some refs, it's just an automatic call if you slap the glass with two hands after a dunk.

Go to Hell Carolina!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I was sorry to see Marshall log zero minutes. I thought that he could have been pretty effective against BC's front line.
    I believe Marshall had a non serious knee injury.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

With approximately 5 minutes to go in the game, Jabari was called for a technical foul for "hanging onto the rim." Can anyone explain that call?

Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post
    With approximately 5 minutes to go in the game, Jabari was called for a technical foul for "hanging onto the rim." Can anyone explain that call?
    I don't think it was for hanging, I believe it was because he slapped the backboard with both hands.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Jabari looked amazing, but I was actually happier to see confidence, a full game's worth of minutes, and great three point shooting from Quinn Cook.

Surprised not to see Dawkins at all in the second half. Again, I am glad that Quinn was playing so well.

That technical foul call on Jabari was complete crap. I have seen Shaq do that many times. I think with some refs, it's just an automatic call if you slap the glass with two hands after a dunk.

Go to Hell Carolina!!!!!
    Marshall was out due to a knee issue.

https://twitter.com/laurakeeley

Also interesting was the tweet about Jabari from Kendall Marshall. UNC guy is a fan of one of our guys???

https://twitter.com/KButter5

Quote Originally Posted by fitimi1 View Post
    Well, unless the ref decides to visit our board, I don't think you'll get an answer. Seems like everyone else that saw the play disagreed with the call.

Jabari was sensational. That's the most explosive I've seen him; he is moving really well and attacking the rim. Looks like he is in the best physical shape that he has been at Duke. Love seeing him and Sulaimon in the open floor; dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Well, unless the ref decides to visit our board, I don't think you'll get an answer. Seems like everyone else that saw the play disagreed with the call.
    I didn't disagree with the T. He definitely slapped the backboard with both hands. That's a T every time.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Marshall was out due to a knee issue.

https://twitter.com/laurakeeley

Also interesting was the tweet about Jabari from Kendall Marshall. UNC guy is a fan of one of our guys???

Wondering how a UNC guy is a fan of Jabari of course begs the return question, why are you following a UNC guy's Twitter feed?

Appreciate the info. about Marshall. I didn't catch the beginning of the game, as I had to wait through the Kansas/WVU game to finish before ESPN would go to the Duke game. I assume it was mentioned early on in the broadcast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I think this team is firing on all cylinders now. And a bit of swag to boot
    Random Thoughts:

"The Swag" is strong with this team right now, for sure.

K played a short bench for most of the 2nd half despite the large lead, perhaps challenging his starters to finish strong. And finish strong they did.

He wants this team sharp, aggressive, and nasty in preparation for Wednesday's game.

K really is coaching this team like an NBA squad right now; personnel and minutes played based on matchups and in-game situations.

IMO, it's brought the team closer together as a result. Everyone feels like they have value.

Also, when Rasheed and Quinn are both on their game, the results are devastating.

Wondering how a UNC guy is a fan of Jabari of course begs the return question, why are you following a UNC guy's Twitter feed?

Appreciate the info. about Marshall. I didn't catch the beginning of the game, as I had to wait through the Kansas/WVU game to finish before ESPN would go to the Duke game. I assume it was mentioned early on in the broadcast as well.
    No, that would have wasted time that could have been used to talk about Danny Ainge.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

Despite his questionable education, Kendall Marshall is no dummy. In case the lottery is rigged so the Lakers get a top pick, Kendall might have to carry Jabari's bags.

I was really impressed with the Quinn/Sheed/TinyThor/Jabari/Amile lineup. I'm honestly not sure how much that exact line was in the game, but I felt like there were a couple of times where we had a few good segments and when I looked that was who was in the game.

If Tyler continues to at least make the opponent respect his 3 point shooting then I really think that this could be a line that does some damage. 4 guys who can knock down the 3, 2 guys who can play in the post, 2 guys who can break down a defender and a lot of hustle on the floor!