Page 24 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    Our PG targets appear to be set for 2016 (Jackson), 2017 (Young), and 2018 (Jones).
    Can Mr Jackson go by some version of Tre? A tre-peat. A tre-fecta. A tre-rific run of PGs.

Tatum Update...

This isn't exactly breaking news, but there is a subscription article on 247 that says Tatum will be pulling the trigger on a decision in July and will be deciding between: Duke, K-Y, UNC & St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    This isn't exactly breaking news, but there is a subscription article on 247 that says Tatum will be pulling the trigger on a decision in July and will be deciding between: Duke, K-Y, UNC & St. Louis
    My hope is that by the end of the summer, we will have Tatum and Jackson on board for 2016. Hopefully, Giles, but maybe he will wait until fall.

Our PG targets appear to be set for 2016 (Jackson), 2017 (Young), and 2018 (Jones).
    We seemed to be really high on Troy Brown (by many recruiting sites the top 2017 pg) in the early going. Is he still in the mix, or have we shifted priority to Young?

Quote Originally Posted by milkbone View Post
    We seemed to be really high on Troy Brown (by many recruiting sites the top 2017 pg) in the early going. Is he still in the mix, or have we shifted priority to Young?
    I think we are still really high on him but maybe not as confident that we can land him as we are with Jackson. There is also the thought that due to Brown's size he can play the 2 or 3 but with more ball handling/pg duties. You can never have two many ball handlers or distributors on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    It appears the Blue Devils have landed yet another LB, a 3* out of Charlotte, NC's Charlotte Catholic: http://247sports.com/Player/Alexander-Gagnon-80120

In a related article, it also appears that Duke has placed an emphasis on recruiting from smaller private HS players in the class of 2016: http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Duke-...-2016-37930822

With three LB commits now on board for 2016, I'm assuming Duke is done recruiting at that position with this class. I am hopeful we will see the names of Parker Braun and some talented DL commit before the Blue Devils close this recruiting class.
    Awesome get, but wrong thread buddy. I think there is a 2016 Football Recruiting Thread.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Awesome get, but wrong thread buddy. I think there is a 2016 Football Recruiting Thread.
    yes, deleted and moved. got a little quick on the trigger w/ that one.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I think we are still really high on him but maybe not as confident that we can land him as we are with Jackson. There is also the thought that due to Brown's size he can play the 2 or 3 but with more ball handling/pg duties. You can never have two many ball handlers or distributors on the floor.
    Brown is 2017 and Jackson is a 2016.
    Brown and Young are our 2017 targets. I don't think we have offered Brown, based on what Young said regarding Duke's offers to PGs.

Brown is 2017 and Jackson is a 2016.
    Brown and Young are our 2017 targets. I don't think we have offered Brown, based on what Young said regarding Duke's offers to PGs.
    Duke is recruiting Brown as a player who can play any of the three perimeter positions.

Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum playing for Team USA Live right now against Egypt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJcMw030_Q

This site is a good place to watch archives of the FIBA games, and also watch them live:
    https://www.youtube.com/fiba

2016 Top 100: Updated lists & evaluations

From scout.com as of 7/1/15

1. Harry Giles
    2. Josh Jackson
    3. Jayson Tatum
    4. Dennis Smith
    6. Marques Bolden
    10. Frank Jackson
    20. Tyus Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Harry Giles and Jayson Tatum playing for Team USA Live right now against Egypt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJcMw030_Q

This site is a good place to watch archives of the FIBA games, and also watch them live:
    https://www.youtube.com/fiba
    Watched the Round of 16 USA/Argentina game just now:

* It was clear that Giles and Tatum were two of the better players on the court despite being the youngest. The coaches also played them together most of the time and they sat next to each other when both on the bench, which is great to see if they plan to go to college together.

* Swanigan will be good next year for Purdue (?). He's huge and has a pretty developed offensive skillset.

* Loved and hated at the same time listening to assistant coach Ed Cooley screaming from the bench the entire game - especially the "Oscars are in Feb not July" comment randomly at a ref after an Argentina player flopped.

Jayson Tatum highlight

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Off the pass from Giles...yes, please

Thumbs up

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Was the Greek players name "Tyler Hansbropoulos"???

Accidental elbow . . .

Dennis Smith Jr. Link from Front Page (this link works)

Here are the videos mentioned on the front page of Dennis Smith Jr playing 1on1 at the Steph Curry Camp. The link on the front page just goes to his ESPN profile (at least for me)...

Its just 1v1 so I won't get too carried away, but as the front page says, the talent is obvious. I know the thinking is that there's been some backing off (not sure if that's been by us, him or mutual cooling) with the Thornton reclassification, but I'd love to find a way to get this kid. He seems to be the consensus #1PG in the class, a top 5 recruit, and has the makings of a stud. Hopefully K can sell on the idea of a 2 headed backcourt if DT stays, or giving him the reigns if DT turns out to be OAD.

(Mods, obviously feel free to merge with 2016 recruiting thread, and/or send julio the right link )

p.s. there's a seth curry sighting in there as well

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Here are the videos mentioned on the front page of Dennis Smith Jr playing 1on1 at the Steph Curry Camp. The link on the front page just goes to his ESPN profile (at least for me)...

Its just 1v1 so I won't get too carried away, but as the front page says, the talent is obvious. I know the thinking is that there's been some backing off (not sure if that's been by us, him or mutual cooling) with the Thornton reclassification, but I'd love to find a way to get this kid. He seems to be the consensus #1PG in the class, a top 5 recruit, and has the makings of a stud. Hopefully K can sell on the idea of a 2 headed backcourt if DT stays, or giving him the reigns if DT turns out to be OAD.
    Based on this interview with Smith from this week (http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1560136-stephen-curry-select-dennis-smith-update), I'm not convinced that the "backing off" by one side or the other is accurate. Duke is the first school he mentions when asked who is prioritizing him and which coaches he has the closest relationship with. He also says he plans to visit Duke again. He may end up going somewhere else, obviously, but the "backing off" idea seems overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Based on this interview with Smith from this week (http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...s-smith-update), I'm not convinced that the "backing off" by one side or the other is accurate. Duke is the first school he mentions when asked who is prioritizing him and which coaches he has the closest relationship with. He also says he plans to visit Duke again. He may end up going somewhere else, obviously, but the "backing off" idea seems overblown.
    Great to hear that. Thanks for linking that video.

He does say that he doesn't want to play behind anyone, so that's clearly on his mind, but that's not a surprise for someone who's a top 5 guy. Though usually top 5 guys don't play behind anyone, regardless of who's on the roster. Related, he doesn't seem to be in a hurry and doesn't have a time frame, so I wouldn't be surprised if he waited until the spring to sign, which would allow him who jumps to the NBA or not...hopefully K&Co can convince him that he'll start and play a lot no matter what.

Does Thorton-Smith = Duhon -Williams?

From those videos, Smith seems more like Jay Williams than a traditional PG.