Page 1 of 176 1231151101 ... LastLast

2016 Basketball Recruiting Thread

I searched and couldn't find a 2016 recruiting thread yet.

Apparently Duke has Just offered SF Jayson Tatum who is #4 in ESPN rankings. I believe he is the second offer for Duke from the 2016 class with the first being Harry Giles who is listed as a 6-9 PF and #3 in the class.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jayson-...up-duke-offer/

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post

Apparently Duke has Just offered SF Jayson Tatum who is #4 in ESPN rankings. I believe he is the second offer for Duke from the 2016 class with the first being Harry Giles who is listed as a 6-9 PF and #3 in the class.

He's out of Chaminade Prep in St. Louis, which, if memory serves, is where Bradley Beal went to high school.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post

I for one will not be surprised if Tyus Battle, a 6'5" wing out of New Jersey, is the next 2016 kid to be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    He's out of Chaminade Prep in St. Louis, which, if memory serves, is where Bradley Beal went to high school.
    This is a very StL thing. I mean, this dynamic exists elsewhere, but it's intense here. Really intense. The private schools are very private.

I'd say more, but I don't want to go PPB.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Its a monster class if we can get Giles or Maker as the centerpeice were looking good

At this point in time, wasn't JP Tokoto ranked as the #1 player in the country?

Guess it takes a few years for players to develop...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

http://zagsblog.com/articles/harry-g...-jayson-tatum/

Giles article from a week and a half ago. Guess what he mentions....a package deal!

Trying to Understand Something

I went to Duke in the 60s, long time ago I know. Jack Marin was a very good player and later had a successful NBA career. In 1960, his sophmore year in high school he rode the pine. His team won the State Championship and he did not play.

So how do we really know how good these guys who are only high school sophs really are?

Thanks
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    I went to Duke in the 60s, long time ago I know. Jack Marin was a very good player and later had a successful NBA career. In 1960, his sophmore year in high school he rode the pine. His team won the State Championship and he did not play.

So how do we really know how good these guys who are only high school sophs really are?

Thanks
    SoCal
    There are always going to be guys who develop late, and there are always going to be guys who fizzle after early success. No question there. But there are many, many recruits who look good their sophomore years and remain elite. Proof of imperfection is not proof of worthlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Giles article from a week and a half ago. Guess what he mentions....a package deal!
    Nah, package deals NEVER happen 8-)

No interest in De' Ron Davis from suburban Denver? This kid is really good. 6' 10", athletic and smart.

It look like Arizona, Kansas, Colorado, Wake and others are after him.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    No interest in De' Ron Davis from suburban Denver? This kid is really good. 6' 10", athletic and smart.

It look like Arizona, Kansas, Colorado, Wake and others are after him.
    If he's after Zona, Kansas, Colorado, or WF, does that really make him smart?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    As a huge Colorado Buff fan, I could disagree with you. Colorado is relevant again and their coach, Tad Boyle, is a star.

Other than that, I don't know. I've seen him play and I think he's a very smart player. His school plays Denver East tomorrow night in the semifinals. Denver East has a couple of D1 recruits but not a big man. Notwithstanding the relatively low level of H.S. play in Colorado, I think he's really good and, from a talent perspective, a potential Duke recruit. I don't know about his academics.

I'm not sure whether he's interested in Arizona, Kansas and Colorado, or whether they are interested in him. Bzdelik, as you know, has Colorado connections which explains the Wake interest.

I would be very conflicted if he had to choose between Duke and Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    As a huge Colorado Buff fan, I could disagree with you. Colorado is relevant again and their coach, Tad Boyle, is a star.

Other than that, I don't know. I've seen him play and I think he's a very smart player. His school plays Denver East tomorrow night in the semifinals. Denver East has a couple of D1 recruits but not a big man. Notwithstanding the relatively low level of H.S. play in Colorado, I think he's really good and, from a talent perspective, a potential Duke recruit. I don't know about his academics.

I'm not sure whether he's interested in Arizona, Kansas and Colorado, or whether they are interested in him. Bzdelik, as you know, has Colorado connections which explains the Wake interest.

I would be very conflicted if he had to choose between Duke and Colorado.
    There are certain ... er ... advantages to going to being in Boulder, Colorado. Just ask Bill Walton. Or Eric Holder.

Whatever are you reefering to?

Weed know if he'd just tell us!

I saw Airowe posted that Duke had offered Thon Maker last night but I just went back to his Twitter and it's gone now.

So i searched and Zags is now reporting both Duke and Kansas have offered him.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 26m
    ICYMI: Kansas & Duke have both offered 2016 7-footer Thon Maker. UK, Louisville also in mix http://t.co/M2wXCIz7fI

Any insight Airowe?

Junior Smith

I'm seeing the name Junior Smith (I believe his correct name is Dennis Smith, Jr.) mentioned as a PG target in the class of 2016 for Duke.

He's from Fayetteville, NC, and apparently is a strong driver/creator and passer.

To my knowledge, no offer from Duke so far; here's his Scout.com profile