Page 157 of 176 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3516
    Who do you guys think will be better next year: Jayson Tatum or Kris Jenkins?

It's always fun to compare highly touted freshmen with proven, skilled upperclassmen.

Villanova will be right there with Duke, UK and KU next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post

It's always fun to compare highly touted freshmen with proven, skilled upperclassmen.

Well, Tatum will have at least two chances to stick a dagger in the hearts of heels next year.

Jenkins already had his chance this year, and came through (thankfully). It is doubtful he will get a chance next year, as hopefully unc will have a postseason ban, or only make the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTrinity11 View Post

I just don't see it. They lose Arcidiacono and Ochefu. They will still have talent - especially if Hart returns - but I think they will be a clear step down from KU and Duke.

Welp, we're not out of the running yet.

Slater an extremely reputable Duke Insider switched back to Duke today.

Seems like Marques really doesn't know where he wants to go yet.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Bolden is a mystery why he can't make up his mind. Mayday Marques make up your mind. Duke would love to have you. Jefferson and hometown Matt Jones can give you great tutoring.At some point in the next few weeks time is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post

Wow this is some interesting back and forth here. I agree that Marques must be laboring over this decision. I really can't blame him either. PT would understandably be a very important factor in this decision and he is surely wanting somewhere he feels he will get the most of out of his experience. Selfishly, I think it would be interesting to have him just to see what kind of lineup tinkering K would actually do with all that front court talent. I don't think we have ever seen a Duke team featuring that much significant impact talent at the 4 and 5 (Amile, Giles, Tatum, Bolden, Jeter) - (this assumes Giles, Tatum, & Bolden are as good as advertised and that Jeter will have made significant improvement).

This also assumes my intrigue will not be too far dampened by what has transpired down the road on the hill... digress.

I'll still be surprised if he chooses Duke. Seems like there is more available for him at UK with Skal gone and Lee seemingly being told he should leave.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Wow this is some interesting back and forth here. I agree that Marques must be laboring over this decision. I really can't blame him either. PT would understandably be a very important factor in this decision and he is surely wanting somewhere he feels he will get the most of out of his experience. Selfishly, I think it would be interesting to have him just to see what kind of lineup tinkering K would actually do with all that front court talent. I don't think we have ever seen a Duke team featuring that much significant impact talent at the 4 and 5 (Amile, Giles, Tatum, Bolden, Jeter) - (this assumes Giles, Tatum, & Bolden are as good as advertised and that Jeter will have made significant improvement).

This also assumes my intrigue will not be too far dampened by what has transpired down the road on the hill... digress.

I'll still be surprised if he chooses Duke. Seems like there is more available for him at UK with Skal gone and Lee seemingly being told he should leave.
    I will say that there is more time available at the 5 than others may seem to think. I've seen reference to Tatum playing the 4. While I think that a death line-up with him at the 4 would be awesome, he is not quite suited for that. He's not as much of a 3 point threat as others, and I really don't think he wants to play the 4. I think he likes being on the wing, and that is where K will likely keep him barring some need. So really, all Bolden has to do is beat out Jeter to be the first guy off the bench for the front court. I am disappointed for Jeter, but maybe he will surprise us all and be ready to really contribute.

We are going to have an embarrassment of riches with or without Bolden, but I'd hate to see the guys we have get jobbed out of playing time, mostly because transfers scare me so much. I hate losing any of our guys. DT broke me heart, loved that kid.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

"Round and round we go, Jack."

Maybe its less about being indecisive and more about waiting for what he's watching to play out? Maybe its just tied to Marcus Lee. Lee declares, Bolden leans to uk. Lee isnt invited to the draft combine, Duke is back in the picture.
    I dont know this and the people who follow recruiting closely seem pretty frustrated by the whole process so Im sure there's layers.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheGame View Post
    Maybe its less about being indecisive and more about waiting for what he's watching to play out? Maybe its just tied to Marcus Lee. Lee declares, Bolden leans to uk. Lee isnt invited to the draft combine, Duke is back in the picture.
    I dont know this and the people who follow recruiting closely seem pretty frustrated by the whole process so Im sure there's layers.
    Seems plausible that the pendulum-like prognosticating would be correlated to the news coming out that Lee was not invited to the combine. I'm sure this also disappointed Calipari as well. Doesn't seem to suit his usual sales narrative.

To be fair to Marques, the flipping around of crystal ball predictions is not a reflection of his indecisiveness. It shows that the folks on 247 are indecisive. Marques may know exactly what he is waiting to see to make a decision.

Reading up thread jpthegame said the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Basically, I see the frontcourt 80 minutes looking like this without Bolden:
    PF: Giles/Jefferson (25), Tatum (10-15), Jefferson/Giles (0-5)
    C: Jefferson/Giles (25), Jeter (15)

With Bolden:
    PF: Giles/Jefferson (25), Tatum (10), Jefferson/Giles (5)
    C: Jefferson/Giles (20), Bolden/Jeter (15-20), Jeter/Bolden (0-5)
    Hey CDu, can you explain the difference in Giles/Jefferson and Jefferson/Giles? I think doing that will also help me to understand how Jeter/Bolden is different from Bolden/Jeter.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Sure, we have reason(s) to want him. But can you really expect a kid who thinks he's one-and-done to come on board to be an insurance policy? Wherever he goes, I bet he believes he's going to get big minutes there.
    That's probably the decision issue at this point. Cal's telling Bolden what he wants to hear, while K won't guarantee minutes. Parents still prefer Duke, but the kid likes Cal's shtick.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Hey CDu, can you explain the difference in Giles/Jefferson and Jefferson/Giles? I think doing that will also help me to understand how Jeter/Bolden is different from Bolden/Jeter.
    Sure! Jefferson/Giles means I don't know which of the two will fill that role, but I tend to think it will be Jefferson. Giles/Jefferson is the complement of Jefferson/Giles: whoever doesn't fill the Jefferson/Giles role will fill the Giles/Jefferson role. Bolden/Jeter represents whoever wins the battle for minutes between Jeter and Bolden, and Jeter/Bolden is the complement of that.

Bolden Insider Info

and we have a new late player in the Bolden saga

Adam Rowe's pick is now...

Central Connecticut State

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions

He's going to shock the world.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Central Connecticut State
    My good friend from middle school played his college ball at Central Connecticut State, so he's a Blue Devil too. He's now senior director for programming for ESPN's College Basketball relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My good friend from middle school played his college ball at Central Connecticut State, so he's a Blue Devil too. He's now senior director for programming for ESPN's College Basketball relationships.
    It's a curious name, "Central Connecticut State". The whole state is only 110 miles long, yet there is an East Connecticut and West Connecticut too.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    It's a curious name, "Central Connecticut State". The whole state is only 110 miles long, yet there is an East Connecticut and West Connecticut too.
    CT even has a Western CT State University. It's 5 mile from CCSU (j/k).

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Is there a North Connecticut? A South Connecticut?

Wouldn't it make more sense to divide amongst Boston suburbs and NYC suburbs?

Perhaps Adam heard that Bolden is going to be a Blue Devil and got his school mixed up.

All those folks from Rhode Island just took offense.