Anyone care to make a fashion statement?

I wonder if K is signing on with this outfit?

http://men.style.com/news/style/030507

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Those shorts look more like kilts than shorts. I can't believe they're gonna sell. (But then, I turn 40 this year, so I'm almost officially an old fart...)
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Gosh, I hope not. I'm one who is more than ready to go back to the uniforms of the early 80s. I spend part of each game worrying that someone's shorts are going to fall off... the really small players look the most ridiculous. These are awful!
    DukeDevilDeb

What happens if a player determines that the bagginess just isn't comfortable and impedes his game? Does every player on a team have to wear this ridiculousness if the school takes Nike's money?

We need to bring back Valvano's Unitard look!

-jk

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmm..."

"Players will also be able to customize their uniforms by adding options like padded shorts (to protect against the errant knee or elbow)"

The TDD thread on this topic is amusing.

http://mb15.scout.com/fdevilsdenfrm1...ID=21323.topic

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

New Uni's

Here's a warning that during tomorrow's Big East Tournament opener against UCONN, Syracuse will be donning uniforms that are like a leotard on the top and baggier shorts on the bottom. Do not adjust your tv's. You think Nike would learn from their other hideous mistakes (i.e. the one arm colored football jerseys that Miami, Florida and VaTech used 2 seasons ago).

Here's the link:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ap/index.html

This line is what is scary:"The shoe and apparel giant plans to start introducing personalized uniforms to all its NCAA-Nike partner schools beginning next fall." Are we really going to experiment with another hideous uniform again?

Is anyone else worried about seeing guys wear these that aren't exactly svelte? The last thing I want to see is some guy's belly jiggling as he is running down the court.

Cavlaw

A player with BAGGINESS issues will sit down until a player from the other team has an equal BAGGINESS problems.

When that takes place, the ref will signal JUMP BALL.

One can only hope that the baggy shorts of both players aren't TOO BAGGY when they go up for the ball . But if so, one hopes that the player that comes down with the ball has nothing else Coming Down.

Deladev

Nike's fitted uniform

You think our black jerseys with the weird points from the neck were odd:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/photo?...ike201&prov=AP

Nike seriously needs to step away from the pipe and go back to concentrating on shoes. This new "innovation," if you honestly want to call it that, is dreadful. Syracuse's Eric Dievendorf (sp?) looked like he was wearing a women's exercise top out there today against the Connvicts. I was quite embarrassed for him.

I thought it was a sad day back in '92 when K left adidas and signed with Nike. 15 years later it still rings true. Also as a tennis player have you seen seen some of the awful stuff they put Rafeal Nadel in? These might not be as bad as the sleeveless shirts and clam digger tight shorts.

Thumbs down Uni's

My gawd, those unis are horrible. Why don't the players just wear long pants instead of those "shorts". Players' sneakers are going to get caught in their leg openings when they run. As for the tops, if you got the body for it, flaunt it, but could you imagine Nigel Dixon, aka Big Jelly, in one of those??? That's a down right scary image.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Unis

It just seems like Nike is doing whatever they can to keep the swoosh in the public eye. Horrible uniforms, but everyone is talking about Nike. Ugh.

I guess the home uni's will be referred to as:

"Tighty Whitey's"?

I agree the new Nike's look weird, but they may make it harder to pull a players jersey. Remember JJ's from last year.

This will just make me switch the TV off completely and go with radio from now on.

I have just one message for Nike...don't mess with the classics.

(Still wants to see Duke go back to the blue and white road uniforms.)