Thread: Survivor Pool?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Survivor Pool?

Remember that thread where I bragged about the guy things I do? Well, I love those survivor pools but I don't know how to set them up (girl points!). Anybody else willing to do it again for the DBR crowd again this year?

If not, I'll just take advice on who to pick first week in the one I enter for money.

Done!!

I've done it in the past so I might as well do it in the present

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/24148

Our group is called DBR Football Survivor. The password to get into the group is DUKE. The first 50 people to sign up are in. If we fill up, maybe I will create a second group for the spill-over.

More in a moment...

--Jason "I lasted like 6 or 7 weeks last year" Evans

If it helps, the frotn page for the Yahoo Survivor Football game can be found at: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival

--Jason

Pick'em Too!!

Just for @$@& & giggles, I also created a DBR Group in Yahoo's Pro Pick'em game. This is where you pick all the games of the week and get points for your correct picks. Unlike Survivor, this uses piont-spreads, making it much more difficult. The key is to identify one or two gaems that you think are really solid bets and getting those right.

Anyway, our group is called DBR Pick'em Pool and can be found at: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem/58533

The password to join is, again, DUKE.

-Jason "here is the front page for Yahoo's Pick'em game"" Evans

Jason, you're the best. I went to see Ratatouille yesterday with 3 of my brood to help it over the $200 million mark, just for you, well, and I hadn't seen it yet.
    Last edited by Bostondevil; 09-04-2007 at 05:57 PM.

Trouble Joining?

Do y'all know my reputation already? Just kidding...

I got the following errors, was wondering if others got them...

There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
    • This is not a private group. (Error #147)
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 09-04-2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Got in on the third try...

I think that the cutoff to make the first pick is Thursday at 5:30 PST, which is just over two days from now. Most weeks you have until Sunday morning, so just want to give the heads up that you need to get your picks in early this week.

Just an FYI since I got in on the second try, the password is Duke and not DUKE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Jason, you're the best. I went to see Ratatouille yesterday with 3 of my brood to help it over the $200 million mark, just for you, well, and I hadn't seen it yet.
    It made it over $200 million over the weekend. It limped there, but it made it.

I told ya'll it was guaranteed to do it

-Jason "no time for it now, but tomorrow I am gonna have a movie review of what may have been the most fun I have had at the movies all year!!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Just an FYI since I got in on the second try, the password is Duke and not DUKE.
    Wow, did not realize that CAPS mattered. So sorry about that!!

--Jason "yes, this is a shameless BTTT" Evans

Jason,

I'm in. Thanks for setting up the Survival Pool. There are a lot less than 50 people who've joined so far, so if you're out there and want to play, the time to join is now.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-06-2007 at 04:02 AM.
    Bob Green

Survival and Fantasy Football

Jason - I'll second Bob. Thanks for setting this up. Unfortunately, since my sons left home, my interest in pro football has waned so I'll be lucky to make it past the first weekend.

Actually, I may have a better chance at this than the Fantasy Football league that two of my boys and five of their friends asked me to join with them. Other than the Redskins, I don't know much about the teams and sure don't know much about individual players. One of my sons gave me a Fantasy Football 101 lecture and I bought a pro football magazine to familiarize myself with the players. We held the draft last weekend and finished 16 rounds in about 30 minutes. I suspect that I am in for 16 weeks of embarassment.

gw67