View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 80-65 win over Pitt tonight?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

7 4.22%
  • Rodney Hood

13 7.83%
  • Amile Jefferson

34 20.48%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

1 0.60%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

109 65.66%
  • Marshall Plumlee

1 0.60%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

1 0.60%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Rodney is a great choice. When ever you shut down the future ACC Player of the Year, it's impressive.

BTW, did the coaching staff give Rodney some pepto before the game?
    I believe the trainers gave him Zofran. The announcers mentioned it during the game.

EDIT: Yep, rsvman beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    I believe the trainers gave him Zofran. The announcers mentioned it during the game.
    Oh, are you serious? I thought that the nausea was a 1-2 time thing, not an every-game thing.

Do we nickname Rodney "Willie Beamen" from Any Given Sunday?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

'Dre poured the points; Amile did the dirty work...

I voted for Amile Jefferson because he out-toughed a physical Panthers front line and played efficiently on both sides of the floor. Putting up 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers, with 5-5 shooting from the floor and 4-5 from the line (in 27 minutes) is probably Mr. Jefferson's best performance of his young career.

Check out his numbers during the Blue Devils' five-game winning streak:

26.4 minutes per game
    8.6 points per game
    16/23 from the floor (.696 shooting %)
    11/17 from the line (.647 shooting %)
    9.2 rebounds per game
    1.6 assists per game
    0.8 turnovers per game
    1.2 blocks per game
    1.0 steals per game
    2.8 fouls per game

Those are the contributions of a very good power forward in the ACC. Efficient, big on the boards, and solid on the defensive end. Great stuff.

I'm kind of curious why coachbob voted for Josh Hairston...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I'm kind of curious why coachbob voted for Josh Hairston...
    I thought that I had voted for Dre.

Quote Originally Posted by coachbob View Post
    I thought that I had voted for Dre.
    Gotta watch out for those hanging chads!

If coachbob says Josh, then damnit, it's Josh. coachbob has never steered me wrong.

Amile channeling Ryan Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by J_C_Steel View Post
    I voted for Amile Jefferson because he out-toughed a physical Panthers front line and played efficiently on both sides of the floor. Putting up 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers, with 5-5 shooting from the floor and 4-5 from the line (in 27 minutes) is probably Mr. Jefferson's best performance of his young career.

Check out his numbers during the Blue Devils' five-game winning streak:

26.4 minutes per game
    8.6 points per game
    16/23 from the floor (.696 shooting %)
    11/17 from the line (.647 shooting %)
    9.2 rebounds per game
    1.6 assists per game
    0.8 turnovers per game
    1.2 blocks per game
    1.0 steals per game
    2.8 fouls per game

Those are the contributions of a very good power forward in the ACC. Efficient, big on the boards, and solid on the defensive end. Great stuff.
    I voted for Amile for the reasons above. Without looking up Kelly's stats, these are the do-everything performances Kelly gave us at his best.

Wonder how many MOTM's Quinn has won. Even before his ankle problems, his decision making varies between poor and eh. Nobody is fooled now by his spin move in the lane. Wish he'd learn the tear-drop. Good thing we have so many players who can handle the ball.

Liked Flying Dutch Devil's Steamng Willie Beamon analogy. At least Rodney doesn't do it on the floor

I went with Amile because I remember thinking during the game that he has really started to shine. I noticed him for good plays.

But it was a hard choice as the others mentioned were truly deserving, too. Where is the all of the above option when you need it?

Quote Originally Posted by daveyro View Post
    Wonder how many MOTM's Quinn has won. Even before his ankle problems, his decision making varies between poor and eh. Nobody is fooled now by his spin move in the lane. Wish he'd learn the tear-drop. Good thing we have so many players who can handle the ball.
    Whoa, way harsh on Quinn. First of all, the spin move is still working pretty well. I agree his decision making isn't always the best, but he's by far our best floor general when it comes to running the offense. As Exhibit A, I offer how flat our offense looked at the beginning of yesterday's game, with Rasheed and Tyler instead of Quinn and Matt in the starting lineup.

And, despite the fact that he could be better, Quinn leads all active ACC players in assists per game (only Jerian Grant is ahead of him), is 5th in the league in Assist Pct (4th w/o Grant), and is 7th in the league in A/to ratio, at 2.9 (6th w/o Grant). And his defense is vastly improved. So don't hate on Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Whoa, way harsh on Quinn. First of all, the spin move is still working pretty well. I agree his decision making isn't always the best, but he's by far our best floor general when it comes to running the offense. As Exhibit A, I offer how flat our offense looked at the beginning of yesterday's game, with Rasheed and Tyler instead of Quinn and Matt in the starting lineup.

And, despite the fact that he could be better, Quinn leads all active ACC players in assists per game (only Jerian Grant is ahead of him), is 5th in the league in Assist Pct (4th w/o Grant), and is 7th in the league in A/to ratio, at 2.9 (6th w/o Grant). And his defense is vastly improved. So don't hate on Quinn.
    Amen. The Quinn hate is ludicrous around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post

I have been critical of Quinn myself, but I also know he's a very valuable player in Duke's success. I guess I get upset sometimes because I know Quinn can be a very good point guard. He can handle the ball well, plays good defense, has good basketball instincts and for the most part is the floor general for this team. I believe the thing that I hate most is when he gets caught with the shot clock running down. I tell my wife here goes Quinn with a forced three or a drive to the basket. Where most of the time he will shoot a contested layup. He seems to never pass because he doesn't leave time on the clock to do so. But I can live with that as long as he doesn't pout and loaf back down court. GoDuke!

I voted for Dre. And based on this Laura Keeley tweet from just after the game yesterday, it appears that the team wouldn't disagree with me:

Chants of Dre all day from the #Duke locker room