View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 80-65 win over Pitt tonight?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

7 4.22%
  • Rodney Hood

13 7.83%
  • Amile Jefferson

34 20.48%
  • Rasheed Sulaimon

1 0.60%
  • Tyler Thornton

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

109 65.66%
  • Marshall Plumlee

1 0.60%
  • Quinn Cook

0 0%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Josh Hairston

1 0.60%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Pittsburgh (Jan 27, 2014)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 80-65 win over Pitt tonight?
    Last edited by Newton_14; 01-27-2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Corrected the date. 1993? Really JB? :)
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Invalid poll. Like I said in chat, there needs to be an option for "Bajari Parker". He kept us competitive in the first half, before others helped take over.

I voted for Amile Jefferson. A hard-earned double double in a hostile, physical road game. I think he's really rounding into one of the more important players on our team, though not a stat-stuffer. In that sense, he's a classic Duke player of sorts. I'm really enjoying watching Amile play right now.

Amile double-double for me, but Dre was crazy hot and Jabari was super. Hood fantastic. MP3 great. Etc. etc. etc.

Team win. I vote for the dirty work guy usually, and that's Amile.

I voted for Jefferson, but it was a tough call. Dawkins and Hood were right up there, I wouldn't be unhappy voting for any of the three.

I voted for Dawkins because those second half baskets were huge in Duke pulling away. But as soon as I did it, I kind of wished I voted for Hood - his defense on Patterson was terrific.

Andre Dawkins! Six of seven 3 pointers(Amazing)...when he smiles, I smile

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    I voted for Dawkins because those second half baskets were huge in Duke pulling away. But as soon as I did it, I kind of wished I voted for Hood - his defense on Patterson was terrific.
    Both good points. Also solid arguments for Jefferson in this thread, not to mention Jabari's typical excellence.
    It's always a good sign when MOTM is a tricky decision like this.

I voted Rodney. I loved Dre's late streak to seal it and Amile played awesome, but I felt like Rodney was our rock tonight. Smooth and consistent. Great, great, team win. There are a ton of guys you could pick today.

I probably should have picked Amile for his all-around awesomeness or Rodney for his defense on their best player, but I have to go with Dre for 6-7 3-point shooting. His threes in the second half just crushed the spirit of the home crowd.

Amile was fantastic but Dre was just lights out. Had to give him his props.

I voted for Dre but Parker Hood, Jefferson and Cook were really good tonight.

I voted for Dawkins, but I would not question anyone's vote for Hood, Jefferson, or Parker. All four were terrific, and their contributions were similarly important.

However, I just realized that (according to the thread) we were supposed to be voting on a game from 21 years ago. So I have no idea who I should have voted for, as many of our players weren't alive yet. I guess my Dawkins pick looks even better now!

I voted Amile, because while Dawkins was pivotal in helping Duke pull away, Amile was just as important in keeping Duke in it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Both good points. Also solid arguments for Jefferson in this thread, not to mention Jabari's typical excellence.
    It's always a good sign when MOTM is a tricky decision like this.
    Agree, when we are talking multiple players as the MOTM that is a very good thing. I voted for Andre because I felt his baskets were so huge in giving us separation. I thought the biggest one of the night was off the out of bounds play & my memory fails me but i think that put us up by 9.

Dre is the sexy pick, with his hot shooting, but Jefferson was the real MOTM for me.

14 points on 5/5 shooting, 4/5 from the foul line, 10 rebounds (6 offensive), 2 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal and 0 turnovers, in addition to all the little things he typically contributes that don't show up the box score. He played a perfect game. Don't get me wrong, Dre was a stud, he had 20 points on out of this world shooting with 2 rebounds and just 1 turnover, but what Jefferson did was like, jedi master-level. It blows my mind how much he has improved.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    One of the guys gets a 21/11 and gets no votes. That's one heck of a game!

(FTR, I voted for Andre, for his threes, and what I thought was the key play of the game, his drive and self rebound basket that finally started giving us separation.)

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    This was tough for me, but I went with Andre for the exact reason CDu pointed out in the post-game thread. Andre was the "X_Factor" tonight. The game was pretty even with great play from kids on both sides, but Andre basically shot Pitt out of it. The 6th three was the final nail in the coffin ending any chance of a comeback by Pitt. The kid was just unreal. Layup city from 22 feet. A joy to watch! He also played good defense, had a great tip in, and ripped down a rebound in traffic with the big dudes. Well done 34. Well done.

Shout out to Amile for great all around game, Jabari for a good game except for a few bad shots, Hood for all around game and great shutdown defense on Patterson, and finally our new backup center, Mr Marshall Plumlee. MP3 is getting better game over game. Really bad the lefty jumphook did not fall. He deserved to make that.

The team is a improvin boys an girls... grab your popcorn and enjoy the ride game by game. One at a time. Time to focus on Syracuse.

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    However, I just realized that (according to the thread) we were supposed to be voting on a game from 21 years ago. So I have no idea who I should have voted for, as many of our players weren't alive yet.
    Great point. The game is dated January 27, 1993. I had a hard time choosing. Thomas Hill and Cherokee Parks did a great job in the second half, but I went with Antonio Lang.

Wish there was a "Team" entry to vote for. If there was, I'd vote for that.

Bajari gets my vote for first half.
    Dre gets my vote for the last 10 minutes.
    Amile gets my vote for the glue.
    Rodney gets my vote for his D.
    Quinn and Marshal get my vote for guts and grit.

All that adds up to "team"