Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    In theory, I agree, but I like making it at least a little bit tough to make the picks. I think adding April and including Cap 2 makes it tougher. I think there is an excellent chance Cap would be in the Top 5. Adding one more very strong contender is what makes this fun!

Look, in reality there are probably only 8 or so movies that really should be considered here. The rest is just a sucker's bet. Adding in Cap adds one more to the real contenders. I'd prefer we do it that way... but I understand the desire to keep it more confined to traditional summer.

Anyone agree with me and want to chime in? If not, I am going to side with Blazin and Udaman.

-Jason "as we get a bit closer to summer, I'll see if some flicks start to generate buzz and perhaps knock one of the current 14 off their perch as Bridesmaids and Ted did in recent years" Evans
    If Captain America were more of a borderline contender, it would be good to include if you are looking to make the contest harder. But I think including it might actually make the contest easier. I won't say their names at this stage, but I think there are two obvious stone-cold locks already. And maybe this is just me, but I think Captain America would also be a lock if included, or close enough to it such that everyone would pick it (except Udaman apparently), which would basically turn this into a "Pick 2" contest among the rest of the movies. And there are two that stick out to me as pretty clear selections to round out the top five. Leaving Captain America out at least keeps it a "Pick 3" contest, which would allow for some greater variation in the picks.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    If Captain America were more of a borderline contender, it would be good to include if you are looking to make the contest harder. But I think including it might actually make the contest easier. I won't say their names at this stage, but I think there are two obvious stone-cold locks already. And maybe this is just me, but I think Captain America would also be a lock if included, or close enough to it such that everyone would pick it (except Udaman apparently), which would basically turn this into a "Pick 2" contest among the rest of the movies. And there are two that stick out to me as pretty clear selections to round out the top five. Leaving Captain America out at least keeps it a "Pick 3" contest, which would allow for some greater variation in the picks.
    I would argue just the opposite, that Cap makes it that much harder to pick a top 5. I see 7 films that I am fairly sure are going to be in the $200 mil range this summer and Cap would be #8. I don't for a moment see Cap as any more of a lock than most of the others. Anyone who tells you they know for sure that Cap will be bigger or smaller than (for example) Days of Future Past, Godzilla, Apes 2, or a couple others is just plain lying to you.

-Jason "I really think Cap makes the top 5 harder... I am going to leave it in" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "I really think Cap makes the top 5 harder... I am going to leave it in" Evans
    Fair enough. It might be hurt by the timing, so perhaps not a lock.