Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    President Bush can put a photo of K and him on one side of a double frame, and a photo of Babe Ruth and him on the other.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/babe...-bush-in-1948/
    Amazing find. Thanks. Very interesting.

Really enjoyed the video...but did anybody else notice the messy locker right behind the president...couldn't they have gotten Hood/Dawkins to straighten up a little?
    (I guess that's the mother in me)

Its not close !

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Well, if Duke had beaten Arkansas in Charlotte in the NCAA Finals in 1994 with President Bill Clinton in attendance, I wonder if the answer would have been the same. I believe Pres. Clinton was the first sitting president to see the the Devils play in person,
    sage
    The answer is "NO". Clinton was there in 1994 to root for the Razorbacks and, at the conclusion, sought out Calvin and Janet Hill (she was Hillary's roommate at Wellesley) to gloat on the win. Nothing there to alter K's "modest opinion".

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    Thanks for posting

My Dad said he was looking for a longer story on the visit of President Bush to Cameron - glad I could send him the link

For those of us with aging parents the video of President Bush was touching
    Yes, very much so. My grandfather was one of the original Scouts & Raiders in WWII (which became the Navy Seals) and served in the Pacific Theatre. He passed a few years back and so too is the Greatest Generation going into the sunset. Oh how time flies. These guys and what they did, well, as a representative of that courageous generation (not just the fact that he was president) -- well it's just cool that Coach K takes moments like these and shares what it means to him with the younger generation -- his players. And that video was so personalized and authentic. It's great to see something like that passed along and be able to be a virtual lockeroom wallflower watching it. Thanks so much for sharing this video.

Recurring video problems with goduke.com

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I cannot watch the video - what's up??

ANYTHING I watch on goduke.com gets buffered at least once a second.

I regularly watch (HD) movies on Netflix, live local TV broadcasts, ESPN3.com events, YouTube offerings, and the like without any trouble.

But if there is a video on goduke.com the chances are pretty good I cannot view it. . . . So far as I know, all software updates are in place. I've tried watching the video both on IE 11.0.2 and on Firefox 26.0 with similar problems encountered on both. I have a Win7 system.

Ideas?

( Is the locker room video available elsewhere, i.e. other than on goduke.com ??? )

Thanks!

k

Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    I cannot watch the video - what's up??

ANYTHING I watch on goduke.com gets buffered at least once a second.

I regularly watch (HD) movies on Netflix, live local TV broadcasts, ESPN3.com events, YouTube offerings, and the like without any trouble.

But if there is a video on goduke.com the chances are pretty good I cannot view it. . . . So far as I know, all software updates are in place. I've tried watching the video both on IE 11.0.2 and on Firefox 26.0 with similar problems encountered on both. I have a Win7 system.

Ideas?

( Is the locker room video available elsewhere, i.e. other than on goduke.com ??? )

Thanks!

k
    I had the same issue on my PC (IE and Chrome) but no problem watching it on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Isn't his name Sam? I seem to remember a printed story about that relationship that was published or linked in a thread here - some years ago. Isn't it somehow related to the gold pin that K wears on his left lapel? Maybe it is old age and a slipping memory. Anyone recall that?
    I believe that Sam is actually the son of a frequent poster on this site. He has a significant physical disability and is a big duke fan, but is not the same person referenced above. To respect confidentiality I'll say no more unless the poster wants to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Coach K is the real deal. He does good things and doesn't seek out attention. I don't know if you have ever noticed the man that sits behind the bench with Down's Syndrome or not, but I've know him and his family for over 45 years. Coach K sends the family a personal letter each year inviting him to sit behind the bench, basically THE best seats in the house for free every year! Also, if you are ever at a game, watch Coach K when he comes out before the tipoff. He will shake his hand every game. He doesn't gain anything by doing this, it is just a kind gesture from a wonderful man...
    I don't know if the family wants any publicity so I will keep this brief. The sister of the man with Down Syndrome who is behind the bench for EVERY home game used to work for me. She is the most gifted educator and school administrator I've ever known in my 25 years in this field.

Thanks for posting the video of President Bush in the locker room. I have watched it 3 times, and shared the link with several others.

So wonderful that President Bush Always wanted to attend a Duke Game!!! Loved that President Bush had on a Duke Blue Shirt and Socks!!!

We are so blessed to have such a honorable Basketball Coach that gives so much of his time for worthy causes, such as Cancer Research and Development. Coach K is a very busy man, but still keeps giving and giving. From the video, I learned what the pin stands for that he wears on his suit lapel.