Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    If K does not start being verbal about the way these other teams are allowed to be much more physical than we are, it's gonna be a long season

Dawkins is ice cold. What witchery is this that Clemson has pulled?

Quote Originally Posted by burns15 View Post
    We have been completely out worked in the second half. It's very clear who wanted it more today
    That's the thing that hurts most. Do they think they are just going to turn it on in March? Or do they just think this is preparation for the NBA, so they'd better pad their personal stats? I don't understand why we keep just throwing it to Dawkins right now. I love him, but he is ice cold.

Great game plan just hoist a bunch of 3's

With the dribble, dribble, dribble offense we have too many droughts on offense. Now 5 mins. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by CALVET View Post
    Kedsy's gonna beat me up on this but I believe we would be better off living with Marshall's growing pains than wearing down Jabari and Rodney or even Andre by asking them to play as undersized defenders and rebounders every game.
    Could we be worse playing through Marshall's growing pains? We are about to lose a second straight game to a team that will be lucky to be in the NIT.

Clemson can get 10 and 13 out of Nnoko and we can't find a minute for Marshall? Please don't feed me the line about "earning minutes in practice".

We look pretty lost. Serious changes have to be made, and that starts with the coaching staff changing it's approach too

Hairston with 2 Rebs and 0 points gets us nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    If K does not start being verbal about the way these other teams are allowed to be much more physical than we are, it's gonna be a long season
    Sorry, but the refs are not the problem for Duke!

Parker being manhandled and if you even come close to Mcdaniels it's a foul. That takes a lot out of a player

The only guy who is hustling right now is Jones. Nobody else even tried to get back. We are going to lose to a bad team by double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by gcashwell View Post
    Hairston with 2 Rebs and 0 points gets us nowhere.
    He chews his mouth piece well. GoDuke!

That's because right now we are a BAD team

inside game kills us again……..

gonna be a short post season….
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    That's the thing that hurts most. Do they think they are just going to turn it on in March? Or do they just think this is preparation for the NBA, so they'd better pad their personal stats? I don't understand why we keep just throwing it to Dawkins right now. I love him, but he is ice cold.
    This team may not make it to March. Need to win a game like this. A very bad effort- a lot of panic at the end. The team does not understand how to come back. The lack of inside scoring is a huge issue. Can't sugarcoat this one- the team is struggling when games are close. No one has the confidence to take over.

I think the starting lineup against UVA needs to be Cook, Jones, Hood, Jefferson, and Plumlee. Bring Parker off the bench because his defense is too weak right now to start. Plumlee can't be worse than what we currently have

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Sorry, but the refs are not the problem for Duke!
    Agreed.

This team doesn't even seem to care today. Coach K must be exhausted with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Folks in chat are enjoying this site for our halftime entertainment:

https://twitter.com/ICMeltdown

with gems like this:

"I'm sick of going to Smith Center & seeing a fancy intro with lights off, seeing "This is Carolina Basketball" & then playing like NCCU"
    We don't need to worry about them. They can give it to us right back, right now. We may even lose to them, if we don't improve.