Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I'm sure you can add Ozzie to that list as well. NIT or NCAA 1-seed, Ozzie always thinks the Heels suck.
    Well, it is the present tense of c*rolina blue...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Would it be OK to start a thread on likely successors to Roy? He doesn't seem to be enjoying his job very much, and the trend may continue to decline.
    It's a fair topic, and one that (nationally and among Duke and unc ppl) isn't discussed anywhere near as much as Duke's future after K is. But I still want to see a few more L's before we bury unc's 2014 season. I remember unc staring 0-4 ACC in the face in 1997 and making the final four. On the third hand that was under Dean, but on the fourth hand it was Dean's last year, too.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    It's a fair topic, and one that (nationally and among Duke and unc ppl) isn't discussed anywhere near as much as Duke's future after K is. But I still want to see a few more L's before we bury unc's 2014 season. I remember unc staring 0-4 ACC in the face in 1997 and making the final four. On the third hand that was under Dean, but on the fourth hand it was Dean's last year, too.
    I wouldn't bury Roy in general just yet either. They have a nice recruiting class coming in next year and are likely to return everyone except McDonald. Roy's a melodramatic fellow at times but he tends to bounce back whenever the team does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I watched a good bit of the game, and my favorite moment was when one of the Miami player (Brown, I think), picked up his third foul early in the second half. One of the announcers pointed out that Brown may not have realized that he was called for the foul, and then the camera moved to Larranaga, whom I hear shout clear as day, "That's your third foul!"

When's the last time you could hear an opposing coach shout a whole sentence at a player in Cameron?

Quotes I saw this morning from Roy during his presser were not fun. He sounds like he's going to spend today staring glumly out the window and dreaming about golf.
    Not to undermine your point, but pretty much every time we are at the free throw line in Cameron, you can hear anything you want (unless Redick was shooting). I believe that UNC was similarly at the line when that happened.

But yeah, it was pretty quiet in general during that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I wouldn't bury Roy in general just yet either. They have a nice recruiting class coming in next year and are likely to return everyone except McDonald. Roy's a melodramatic fellow at times but he tends to bounce back whenever the team does.
    They also had a nice recruiting class coming in this year (10th). And last year (12th). And the year before that (4th).

Next season, they have the 4th best coming in again. Maybe this one will be different...

The way Miami slows the game down and uses up so much of the shot clock on offense, I expect we'll have our struggles against them as well at their place on the 22nd.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Time to drink the rest of my ale and mosey on over to insidecarolina for the meltdown.
    Please share the choice bits. I can't bring myself to dip into the cesspool. Hell, I can't bear to read the postgame threads on this board after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    IC hates the world right now. Lot of Roy needs to retire. One optimistic soul opined that the 05 and 09 teams started 0-2 in the ACC as well. His buddies quickly pointed out that Ray Felton, McCants, Lawson, Hansbrough, and Ellington are not on this team. I giggled.
    And the 05 and 09 teams didn't have to go to classes.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Paige and McDonald combined to go 5-27 (18.5%) from the field including 4-18 (22%) from 3-point land. ...
    Look at it this way, they were TWICE as accurate from beyond the arc!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'm not sure this is what he envisioned by returning to Carolina.

He won two NC's for them, and the fans are absolutely ripping him. At least, a sizable portion of the fan base.

But the evidence is clear, ol' roy cheated to keep his athletes eligible to win those natties.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    What is the stress-meter reading on Ole Roy these days? ...

...Neighboring rival Coach K still going strong with Olympic glory and Duke currently having the upper hand in the rivalry
    A more difficult recruiting environment for the Heels -- losing prospects to various schools including Duke and Kentucky ...
    And Coach K getting so much pub for landing Jabari and then the #1 class the following year

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Well, he still has to keep the current roster academically eligible. Are there enough drama classes available? Can ol' roy teach classes in melodrama?

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Yeah, I think I see this now. (Wilko, check your pitchfork points.)

I wish perfectly good health on Roy, so that he has to deal with this team for every waking minute, and perhaps in his dreams.
    No Worries.
    To be clear I wasn't wishing ill health on Roy... merely stating that hes in an intractable position should *something* require him to step away.

In fact Roy strikes me of the kind of guy who is WELL aware of the situation and would continue to coach against a Dr's advice. (Hardly the only guy who would do so) He wouldn't give Duke fans the satisfaction of evening the karmic balance unless it was SEVERE/DIRE/EXTREME circumstances...

Worst job in the world right now?

Huckleberry Hound's masseuse! Imagine the amount of whining and complaining you'd have to put up with.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

The IC meltdown is so entertaining, i was on there for about an hour……..sheesh….
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    The IC meltdown is so entertaining, i was on there for about an hour……..sheesh….
    This post is useless without quoted highlights.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

you are correct…i'll forage up some winners...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    you are correct…i'll forage up some winners...
    Well we can start with the thread titled "Wear are the fans"

And here is my fave from yesterday:

Posted: 1/7/2014 8:32 PM

Re: Bball player who (allegedly) could not read or write

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the hell would anyone want to write, when they can just type everything?

UCLA vs Arizona

What the hell is Bryce Alford doing? He is trying to takeover like he's LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    UCLA vs Arizona

What the hell is Bryce Alford doing? He is trying to takeover like he's LeBron.
    Bruins had their chance and AZ were wobbling....

:-/

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    And here is my fave from yesterday:

Posted: 1/7/2014 8:32 PM

Re: Bball player who (allegedly) could not read or write

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the hell would anyone want to write, when they can just type everything?

But it is so much harder to type in Swahili than it is to write in Swahili!