Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    The pass that Andre through to Amile on the give and go last night was the first time I had seen anyone hit a cutting picker for a layup in a Duke uniform in at least five years.

I have seen that play work countless times against people in Duke uniforms until the cows come home. Notre Dame did it over and over.

I would love to see it happen more by QC...or whoever plays the point. Seems like a great way score more points.
    Maybe Sheed is the guy that can make it happen. About three minutes into the game Amile set a screen for Sheed and cut to the basket, Sheed hit him with a nice crisp pass and Amile took it right to the rack and got fouled - and almost got it to drop for an and-one.

A little later, on the other side of the basket Quinn looked off Amile on a similar screen-and-cut and then dribbled around a while, and as the shot clock ran out Sheed had to jack up a wild three that actually went in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    If you say so. Miller scored 4 baskets while Jabari was guarding him (maybe 5) and I'm pretty sure 1 while Josh was guarding him, which (since he only had 7 baskets and only shot 1 free throw) means he scored at most 2 times against Amile. And at least one of his scores against Amile was a midrange shot while being guarded pretty well. So if you're saying he had no problems backing Amile down one time, then OK. Not sure you can infer anything more than that, though.

Personally, I don't think the fact that Miller didn't get the ball every possession is the only reason he wasn't able to score more against Amile. I think Amile did a pretty good job defending him.
    FWIW, the author of this article agrees that Amile did a good job on Miller

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/bl...miller-2286939

Georgia Tech center Daniel Miller was killing Duke through the first 22 minutes of Tuesday's game. He made his first five field goals and had eight rebounds, by far a game-high at that point.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said the Blue Devils were unprepared to defend Miller as the Yellow Jackets were using him, freeing him as more of a mid-range threat than the pure post-up player he normally is. That's when Duke put Amile Jefferson on Miller – a terrible matchup on paper for the skilled Miller, who is 65 pounds heavier and nearly three inches taller.

Miller's final 18:35 speaks to the job Jefferson did: 1-for-5 from the field, one assist, one turnover and zero rebounds.