Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coach K's brother, Bill Krzyzewski (1942-2013)

Waited to post this as I couldn't find the link.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chi...0618&fhid=2054

Appears Coach K's brother Bill Krzyzewski passed away the day after Christmas. Condolences to the family.

I had heard this. Such difficult news for Coach K. I know they were very close. Condolences to the entire family.

Thanks for the info

Condolences to the family as well.

Prayers for the family. It is sad to lose a relative at Christmas.

Prayers and condolences.

By all accounts, Bill Krzyzewski was a terrific man.

Prayers to all the Krzyzewski's

Terrible news during the holiday season. My condolences to the entire family.
    Thank you for sharing the obituary.

Thoughts and Prayers for the entire Family. Thanks for sharing the obituary.

Very sad news. My condolences to the entire Krzyzewski family. He was too young to go.

My thoughts and prayers to Coach K and family. May God give you strength through the coming days.

Condolences to his family and to Coach K.

He was an inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Condolences to his family and to Coach K.
    Our condolences to you and your family. Your brother was an certainly an inspiration for a man who has inspired so many others.

Steve and Linda Brown

Extending my deepest sympathy

I was very sorry to learn Bill K passed. My deepest sympathy to Coach and his family.

I'm so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. He was such a loving, caring man. His wife, Pat, is a lovely, lively lady. I remember them and their children, Cherisse and Lynette, when they'd bring their girls to the summer camps and visit with Mike and Micki and their girls.

Bill was the kind of guy who was easy to talk to and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. I remember him being a very large man (an amazing feat, considering I only ever saw him around basketball players!), and it was because he needed a body large enough to contain his heart and work ethic.

As I was poking around the Internet, I found this video of Bill congratulating his brother on win 903. I think Coach would say the exact same thing about Bill. I'm proud to have known Bill. He will be missed.

My condolences to Pat and family, and to Coach K and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    ... As I was poking around the Internet, I found this video of Bill congratulating his brother on win 903. ...
    Isn't there a video out there of K talking about how his brother was his protector growing up? Maybe his HOF induction speech? And of course, there is a Captain Award at the b'all banquet named after K's brother (similarly, Cut named a football 'spirit' award after his mom, Frances). RIP to a large man, in every sense of the words, and condolences to his loved ones.

Very sad news for Coach K and the entire family. Brother Bill seemed like a fine man.

With a visitation today (Jan. 2), funeral on Jan. 3, and ND game at South Bend on Jan. 4, it will be quite an emotional weekend for our coach.

Grant him eternal rest, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon your servant, Bill.

my condolences

I am sorry to hear about this. I cannot imagine losing a brother. My condolences to the entire Krzyzewski family.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

My brother died Christmas Day, 2012, so I know this sad, empty feeling painfully well. Not a day goes by that I don't have some warm/fond/pleasant/funny memory of him. Heartfelt prayers/condolences/sympathy to all the Krzyzewski family. Sounds like he will be missed tremendously.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

My prayers to the family. Maybe this song can bring solace.

Bill clearly knew how much he was loved by his family. There should be no regrets that he left too soon without hearing that. Condolences to all who knew and loved him.

O&B Sheep