Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

the worst thing that could have happened for the yanks

mussina pitching well. Now he's gonna get a shot in the playoffs. I don't trust that guy. I'd rather take my chances with the rookies. oh well. should be an interesting ride. The Angels have had the yanks number of late. And no one (outside of Cleveland) seems to be talking about the Indians.

I like what the Yanks have done - building from within. Cabrera, Cano, Kennedy, Hughes, Chamberlain are all young and talented. Stop hitching hopes on over the hill, overpaid players(especially pitchers)!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    And yes, Ozzie, I'm not happy this morning, but weauf away if you'd like. I am happy though to get out of Toronto, the Sox haven't played well there this year. Maybe the Devil Rays will be just what they need right now.
    No, I'm not going to weauf - it never works out well... Like I said, it does look like both teams will make the playoffs, whichever order they finish in.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    No, I'm not going to weauf - it never works out well...
    Darn, you sniffed out my evil plan!

And dbb, I have to counter with Ellsbury, Buchholz, Lester, Pedroia, Moss . . . Hope Gabbard has a nice career but doesn't turn into another 'why don't we get players like that' joke. Gagne for Gabbard, jury is still out, but I liked Gabbard a lot. Sigh. I liked Arroyo a lot too. Of course, if I ran the Sox emotion would play too big a part and I'd overpay for all my favorites.

Last summer, after the Sox were out of it, I got myself and 2 of the kids into a game, bleacher seats, for $40. Gabbard pitched a 1-0 shutout and we turned the rainy night (but not rainy enough to call the game) into a cheering section for his ERA. We watched it fall from over 6 to under 4 in the course of one game. Great fun, and the silver lining to the Sox being out of it. And very entertaining for the other patrons seated near us. After every out we'd look up at the scoreboard to watch them recalculate the ERA. When it first went under 4 a big cheer went up from our section to the confusion of many around us.

I'm not concerned anymore!

Go Sox!

Are there any Angels fans around here?

Now to spend the weekend watching the National League sort themselves out, what a finish! The Cubs are the first to clinch? Does that sentence somehow seem wrong? I can't decide if I'd rather see the Phillies or the Mets pull it out, but it should be fun to watch.

Closet Angels fan right here, really more a fan of Mike Scioscia after his many years behind the plate for the Dodgers.

I look forward to an interesting series, I still recall the stare Jered Weaver gave Big Papi after an August homerun. I think Weaver was concerned that Ortiz took a little too long to admire it and then make his way around the basepaths.

Old thread, but Jon Lester of the Boston Red Sox just threw a no-hitter. Bucholz tossed one last year. Guess it makes sense to keep what you have rather than trading for Santana.

I had book club tonight, I can't believe I missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Old thread, but Jon Lester of the Boston Red Sox just threw a no-hitter. Bucholz tossed one last year. Guess it makes sense to keep what you have rather than trading for Santana.
    I was lucky enough to be at fenway last night to see it. What a great story for a kid that battled through cancer. We were freezing in the centerfield bleachers..second row from the back...wind blowing, temps in the 40s..and it seemed like not a single fan left early.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I haven't been able to make it to a game yet this year. Not that I am a regular or anything. Congrats on getting to see a great pitching game!

Well, my turn tomorrow to enjoy Fenway thanks to the generosity of a large software company headquartered in Redmond...

Well, my turn tomorrow to enjoy Fenway thanks to the generosity of a large software company headquartered in Redmond...
    Excellent..it's looks like its going to be a beautiful night..My wife's company was raffling off some tix for tomorrow but sadly I will not be joining you..
    As I type this, Papelbon just gave the security guard a terrorist fist jab and is heading out to try to salvage what was an easy win a few minutes ago..go sox!!

Orly? How'd you swing that?

Cousin...or technically cousin's husband. Each employee got a couple tickets and my cousin has no interest in baseball.

Red Sox fan here too. Followed them since I started following baseball back around the early 80's or so. Watched the Braves in the NL, Sox as much as I could in the NL. Dad was telling me about a play Manny made recently where he caught a line drive, hi fived a fan, then threw back to first to double a runner off.

The whole clan, husband plus all 4 sons, are going (me too!) to the Sox on June 22nd courtesy of Make-A-Wish. We get to meet Kevin Youkilis too!

Yooouuuk!

Fenway is a great experience. Our son works in Boston and we have seen a couple of games this year (and in the past). The Sox are a great example of a group making the most out of the space you have. If you ever have a chance, take a tour of the park some morning.

Tried to post from my phone, but my mobile browser doesn't like the quick reply...

Lowell with the GS, Youk and Drew with 2 run HR's in support. Funny thing was on the Drew HR, the whole stadium was caught up doing the Wave(I know, so 1980's). His HR killed it...

Manny may have just Mannyed his way out of town...

I am concerned. Was not up until this point, but now the lackluster play,for whatever cause, has me worried.