Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We will be in section 217 with 16 seats and 226 with 2. Large family...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Golly, Jar, I'll bet you have the only one!
    Yeah, the only one in Row 113 worn by an old Marine who will be with two of his sons, the young and handsome one... and one of my brothers.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    We will be in section 217 with 16 seats and 226 with 2. Large family...
    Big Love comes to Duke football??
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Not Big Love

Santa once asked my Mom if we had a TV at home. It is my extended family.

Not sure what section I will be in....Pops got the tickets. But my wife (UNC Alum) will be attending with us as well.

Proud to say I will be there. Let's go Devils!!!

I'm there in Mezzanine bought through Duke. Not sure where our tickets are as I'm going with another Duke alum who has them. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Golly, Jar, I'll bet you have the only one!
    I never saw this hat before. It's new to me. I stumbled on it at the North Post PX at Fort Bragg last week, and thought I might need it in the Georgia Dome, you know, just in case. How bright are those lights there? Anyhow, I need a nice hat for the golf course, and it's perfect for that. All I have for Duke is my Freshman Dink, an old woolen Iron Duke hat, navy blue, and a nice white one with Grant Hill's signature on it. I wonder what Grant Hill's hat would go for in a DBR auction.

Heading to Atlanta tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    So, am I the only one that chose the mezzanine? I would have thought that would be a better view of the length of the field. Am I wrong about that?

ricks
    Hello Fellow Mezzanine Buddies! I chose to get my ticket through Duke rather than the secondary market. Since Duke has exceeded 8,000 tickets sold, I am really donating to the ACC at this point. Nevertheless, I wanted to help maximize the numbers sold through Duke to show that we travel well. Also, it is more fun to be in a rooting section. I agree that, if one is going to be in the end zone, being higher up is better. I do not know where my seat is because I ordered after the mailing deadline and I am picking my ticket up at will call.

I am excited because I have several friends who are big college football fans and, until recently, I had nothing to talk to them about and just had to wait until basketball season. Two friends who are Stanford alums are going to the Rose Bowl this year. Now, I can tell them I too am going to watch my alma mater play in a bowl, a New Year's one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Thurber Whyte View Post
    Hello Fellow Mezzanine Buddies! I chose to get my ticket through Duke rather than the secondary market. Since Duke has exceeded 8,000 tickets sold, I am really donating to the ACC at this point. Nevertheless, I wanted to help maximize the numbers sold through Duke to show that we travel well. Also, it is more fun to be in a rooting section. I agree that, if one is going to be in the end zone, being higher up is better. I do not know where my seat is because I ordered after the mailing deadline and I am picking my ticket up at will call.

I am excited because I have several friends who are big college football fans and, until recently, I had nothing to talk to them about and just had to wait until basketball season. Two friends who are Stanford alums are going to the Rose Bowl this year. Now, I can tell them I too am going to watch my alma mater play in a bowl, a New Year's one too!
    O.K. So where are you? Same for Richard Jackson.

ricks

Atlanta Zoo from about 1030-200, then Taco Mac near aquarium (Phillips Center?) for late lunch/early dinner, the Georgia Aquarium from 5-8 PM or so. Two middle aged folks wearing Duke stuff with daughter (ex-cheerleader) and son-in-law (ex-FB manager) also wearing a buncha Duke stuff. Introduce yourselves and say hello!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Will be there with my son. I will be wearing my lucky shirt, which has a record of 5 - 1 this year in football (including 4 in a row), and something like 115 - 3 in basketball (including about 30 in a row).

I eventually may have to wash it again, but I'm hoping it won't be til next year after basketball season. (For some reason, there are always a lot of empty seats around me.)

Section 318 Row 1 Seats 19-22

I think we need to bring back those DBR hats again.

ricks

I will either be at Piedmont Hospital with my wife (who is due with our first child on January 4th) or in A17.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    I will either be at Piedmont Hospital with my wife (who is due with our first child on January 4th) or in A17.
    Mahzel Tov, Channing. My grandson, 2nd grandchild, is due to arrive Jan. 3rd!

We'll be there, Section 107, row 1. Hope that Josh Snead jumps up to hand me the football after he takes a long run "to the house"!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

O.K. So where are you? Same for Richard Jackson.

ricks
    Section 210 - Row 4 - Mezzanine

Go Duke! Let's do this.

(and as a Panthers fan both football seasons (Duke and Panthers) have been eerily similar. Both teams started off not so hot but exploded for the 2nd part of the season winning lots of close games. The Panthers only recent loss at New Orleans came about the same time we lost to the Noles IIRC. Here's hoping both Duke and Carolina win out (never thought I'd say that)

I think we need to bring back those DBR hats again.
    But how many? I see 19 DBR members, not counting the mezzanine, and 48 total seats, counting the mezzanine.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    But how many? I see 19 DBR members, not counting the mezzanine, and 48 total seats, counting the mezzanine.
    I have nine tickets in section 120. I was only supposed to have seven, but I'll deal with the ticket office when I get back. (Five more for a total of seven does not mean seven more for a total of nine, especially without sending me an invoice/receipt. The ticket office has issues that need to be resolved. This isn't the first mistake.)

The Duke fans?

Just heard from a friend (sort of) in Atlanta. The message said " We're in Atlanta. Maybe the Duke fans are coming tomorrow." Ouch.
    Love, Ima

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Just heard from a friend (sort of) in Atlanta. The message said " We're in Atlanta. Maybe the Duke fans are coming tomorrow." Ouch.
    Love, Ima
    Well, the campus is only six hours away from the Georgia Dome (five if -jk is driving.) So, yes, we are coming tomorrow.