Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Also interesting that we have only 4 commitments for this class so far. I think many programs already have north of 15.

Is there a strategy in place, or are we pursuing a direction someone can explain? Not being snarky....just curious.
    Camp season is about to start so the recruiting pace should pick up. It appears Coach Cutcliffe's strategy is to go after some higher rated players so decisions could come later than previous years.
    Bob Green

Also, some of the listed commitments to other programs are "soft verbals"--a concept Cutcliffe rightly disparages.

Two new commits

Devilsden (scout.com) is showing two new Duke Football recruits for the Class of 2015:

Joe Giles-Harris - a LB (6'1" 210#) from Montvale, NJ
    Reno Rosene -- an OT (6'7", 315# or more) from Oaks Christian HS in Westlake Village, CA

That brings the class to 6 and all have 3-stars in scout rankings.

Rosene has offers from Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Washington State, Vanderbilt, Arizona State, San Diego State, NC State...
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Devilsden (scout.com) is showing two new Duke Football recruits for the Class of 2015:

Reno Rosene -- an OT (6'7", 315# or more) from Oaks Christian HS in Westlake Village, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Rosene has offers from Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Washington State, Vanderbilt, Arizona State, San Diego State, NC State...
    Looks like he is big enough to attend two schools at once. Wow.

Hope to see y'all on the field for us soon!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Looks like he is big enough to attend two schools* at once. Wow.

Hope to see y'all on the field for us soon!
    *That would be two regular schools or one SEC school. His specs are within road grader qualifications.

Here's his profile from rivals.yahoo.com which shows him as a 345-lb 4-star prospect, with good grades to boot!

Giles-Harris also had a ton of offers, according to his rivals.yahoo.com profile

15 offers and the #11 ranked prospect in New Jersey -- very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Rosene is actually a 4 star per Rivals and was top 500 in 24/7. He's a real potential stud - think Laken Tomlinson.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Rosene is actually a 4 star per Rivals and was top 500 in 24/7. He's a real potential stud - think Laken Tomlinson.
    He is big enough to eat Laken Tomlinson!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Commit #7, Flynn Nagel, WR

Coach Cut and the football staff are on a roll, picking up their third commitment in less than 48 hours with a verbal from Flynn Nagel, a WR from Illinois.

Like the other 2015 commits, he has a 3-star rating and received numerous other offers.

I MUST BE CRAZY uh WACKY

I am more excited about football recruiting and signees than I am about basketball...

#43 wide receiver in the nation with offers from Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Iowa State and Wake Forest. This appears to be a solid pick up! I agree with roywhite, Coach Cutcliffe and staff are on a roll.

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=6533467
    Bob Green

DE Marquies Price 6'6" 220 has verbally committed to Duke:

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=7611511

He is a 3 Star with offers from Wisconsin, Virginia, South Florida, Kentucky, Cincinnati and Georgia Tech.
    Bob Green

Obviously any true Duke (football) fan has to be anticipating the upcoming season considering the team's accomplishments last season. That, combined with what appear to be some very promising recruits makes me want to say, "we're reloading". Let's pause a moment and think about that. We've been thinking that for years in regard to the basketball program of course but how often have we been able to (realistically) feel that way during the football offseason? I totally agree with you, nyesq83; you're not the only one who feels that way I assure you. I've been feeling that way for a few years now with Coach Cut onboard and the progress that the program is making results-wise, recruits-wise, and facilities-wise.

Bob, for some reason I just have a gut feeling that Marquies Price is going to be a real stud on the defensive line for us with additional weight & muscle. Hopefully he will become a more than adequate replacement for Kenny Anunike in time. Whatever the case, the future is bright for the program; here's hoping the fanbase continues to grow also.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    Obviously any true Duke (football) fan has to be anticipating the upcoming season considering the team's accomplishments last season. That, combined with what appear to be some very promising recruits makes me want to say, "we're reloading". Let's pause a moment and think about that. We've been thinking that for years in regard to the basketball program of course but how often have we been able to (realistically) feel that way during the football offseason?
    Great perspective and point! Every season in the past always has had that "building a new program" feel; now that Cutcliffe has done that, he has moved on to the next level which is refilling the cupboard. Another nice stepping stone to have crossed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Southern Durham QB Kendall Hinton has committed to Wake Forest per the Twitterverse. Duke backed off Hinton after the Quentin Harris verbal.
    Bob Green

Southern Durham QB Kendall Hinton has committed to Wake Forest per the Twitterverse. Duke backed off Hinton after the Quentin Harris verbal.
    Hinton had amazing numbers last season -- 3975 yds passing with 39 TDs; 1185 yds rushing with 14 TDs

It will be interesting to follow his development and compare him to Harris; I suspect Coach Cut made a good choice.

WR Aaron Young (6'5" 200) to Duke. He is three stars from Murrieta, CA. He was gaining attention from lots of folks but his only other offer was from Nevada.

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=7642556
    Bob Green