Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Here is a highlight reel of his junior season:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1846249/highlights/77537375

Typical highlight reel which shows him catching TD passes, delivering punishing blocks, catching the ball in traffic, piling up a bunch of YAC, etc...
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    So this is our best recruiting class since ... ?
    1986, I believe.

Steve Sloan was HC and Tommy Limbaugh was the Recruiting Coordinator; this was before rivals.com and scout.com, but they put together a class that some felt was a national top 10 class. Served as a foundation for the 1989 ACC Champs.

Great job by Coach Cut and staff, and they still have some highly ranked targets in sight.

Per Twitter, DB Brandon Feamster (6'3" 200) has committed to Duke:

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=7745102

He also had offers from Syracuse and Connecticut.

https://twitter.com/Feamster28/statu...518592/photo/1

Verbally committed to play football for Duke University #DukeGang #BlueDevils ���� pic.twitter.com/qAt502fuei
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Per Twitter, DB Brandon Feamster (6'3" 200) has committed to Duke:

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=7745102

He also had offers from Syracuse and Connecticut.

https://twitter.com/Feamster28/statu...518592/photo/1
    Feamster finished high school with the Class of 2014, but decided on taking a prep year at Cheshire Academy in CT, and has been attracting more interest.

Looks like the type of prospect who could be a good-size Safety or potentially grow into a LB role.

The hits keep coming for Coach Cut and his staff.

Thought you might all find this interesting. There's a guy on twitter who writes for both a USC site and follows Fresno State recruiting. Asked about the Petite surprise, he tweeted:

‏@FightOnTwist:
    @Sir_Roflcopter Word-of-mouth is really helping Duke right now. Former players can't stop raving about the program
    @FightOnTwist:
    @Sir_Roflcopter BC15 sure loved his time there. He looks at that staff and those players as family.
    Not that this should be a surprise given that Connette left for solely family reasons, but it's always great to see.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Still plenty of room on the bus for those who want to jump on!

1. Finish last year in the top 25, major bowl appearance, showed we belong.
    2. Return most players, some good young guns coming on, favorable schedule this year.
    3. Top 20/25 recruiting class, following a string of ever-improving classes.
    4. Upgraded Wally Wade, improved ACC football conference.
    5. To quote Cut -- the best coaching staff in college football. (Doesn't sound as outrageous as when he said it years ago, does it?)
    6. Bowl games are a HELL of a lot of FUN!!!!!

Rip 'me up, tear 'em up, GIVE'M HELL DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

2. Return most players, some good young guns coming on, favorable schedule this year.
    5. To quote Cut -- the best coaching staff in college football. (Doesn't sound as outrageous as when he said it years ago, does it?)

When we go to the next bowl, make sure I have your 10-7 for the party. I don't want to miss the next reunion!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    When we go to the next bowl, make sure I have your 10-7 for the party. I don't want to miss the next reunion!
    Truly sorry we did not cross paths this time, I know no more dedicated football fan than you.

And, without a doubt, the hostess with the mostest.

Have a great summer, hope to see you and The Faithful in the fall!

WOW!

Huge shocker but Coach Cutcliffe just landed the highest ranked recruit in his tenure here at Duke by landing 4 star TE Tyler Petite!!

http://reignoftroy.com/2014/07/02/co...ecruiting-usc/
    http://oldnorthbanter.com/2014/07/02...tball-program/

Apparently the closest comparison to him is Colby Fleener and Kyle Rudolph. It should be fun to see how Cut develops him as an offensive weapon.

Duke beating out USC for a Northern California recruit is just mind boggling to me. Duke Football will be a powerhouse in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

I'm in. Season tics in section 24. Can't wait! Haven't been to games on a regular basis since the early 80's.

Per Twitter, OG Nick Wilson has opted for Stanford over Duke:

Nick Wilson ‏@MiltonOL77 · 58m
    After countless hours of prayer, thought, and discussion, I am committed to Stanford University! ���� Go Cardinal and go U.S.A!����
    Center Brian Chaffin picked Stanford over Duke a couple of weeks ago. OL recruiting has been our strength in recent years but Stanford out duels us for these two.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Per Twitter, OG Nick Wilson has opted for Stanford over Duke:

Center Brian Chaffin picked Stanford over Duke a couple of weeks ago. OL recruiting has been our strength in recent years but Stanford out duels us for these two.

Because of that recent success, this wasn't a big a big area of need this year. So if we had to have a miss or two, not a terrible spot to have it.

Just amazed at how well we are recruiting now. Hoping it continues...

Offensive Tackle Justin Skule (6'6" 305 Class of 2015) of Centreville High School (Clifton, VA) has given a verbal commitment to Vandy. Was hoping Duke could land the big fella. Best of luck to Justin in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Because of that recent success, this wasn't a big a big area of need this year. So if we had to have a miss or two, not a terrible spot to have it.
    Yes, Duke has missed on a number of big time OL prospects, but understand that Cut is going after a higher quality prospect than in the past. He already has a commitment from 6-7, 345 OT Reno Rosene -- a four-star on rivals, three star for scout and espn. He had offers from Nebraska, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Arizona State (among others).

And while Duke has lost a couple of targets to the likes of Stanford, the Blue Devils are still in the mix for four ESPN four-star OL prospects and a ton of three star guys.

Agree that it wasn't a huge area of need in this class, but I feel sure than Cut will land 2, maybe 3, top OL prospects. We don't need quantity in this class, but you ALWAYS need quality.

Linebacker Ben Humphreys says Duke will definitely make his Top Five:

http://duke.scout.com/story/1420421-...umphreys?s=167

I'll cut my list to five in August and Washington and Duke will for sure make the cut. I don’t know about the other three spots yet.
    Bob Green

Nyheim Hines visiting Duke this weekend...

One of the more exciting prospects on our wishlist this year is visiting Durham this weekend. Although Clemson and Carolina maybe tough to beat, I would be beyond ecstatic if he suited up for the Blue Devils. Hopefully the visit goes well, heard it was unseasonably cool today.

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Natio...-Duke-29636057

If you have any time to kill, you can really see that 4.3 speed in his highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by rhynelander View Post
    Hopefully the visit goes well, heard it was unseasonably cool today.
    Hines is from just down the road in Garner so the weather conditions this weekend (good or bad) will not be a surprise nor a factor. I agree 100 percent Hines is a big time recruit who would fit into the program wonderfully so, as you've already stated, hopefully the visit goes well.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by rhynelander View Post
    One of the more exciting prospects on our wishlist this year is visiting Durham this weekend. Although Clemson and Carolina maybe tough to beat, I would be beyond ecstatic if he suited up for the Blue Devils. Hopefully the visit goes well, heard it was unseasonably cool today.

http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Natio...-Duke-29636057

If you have any time to kill, you can really see that 4.3 speed in his highlights.
    As a junior, he gained 3100 yards rushing, 600 yards receiving, and 471 yards returning (that's over 4200 yards in a 14 game schedule). He scored 59 total touchdowns (as in >4/game). He has 10.67 speed in the 100 meters and runs track with another Duke target (Bryce Love). He could find a spot on our roster (and he seems like a good guy)...

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    As a junior, he gained 3100 yards rushing, 600 yards receiving, and 471 yards returning (that's over 4200 yards in a 14 game schedule). He scored 59 total touchdowns (as in >4/game). He has 10.67 speed in the 100 meters and runs track with another Duke target (Bryce Love). He could find a spot on our roster (and he seems like a good guy)...
    "He could find a spot on our roster?" Practicing our understatement skills, I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    "He could find a spot on our roster?" Practicing our understatement skills, I gather.
    I debated various forms of understatement, but I might've just stuck with my first impression: it'd be awesome to have him in the backfield.

It'd also be great to sign Sam Darnold, who's a 3/4 star quarterback (and linebacker!) from California. 13 straight prognosticators have picked him for Duke on 247 in the past few days (8 of whom having switched their guess from Southern Cal, and 2 from Oregon). To beat out the Ducks and the Trojans for a highly rated qb wouldn't be a bad thing...

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions