Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ^^ Funny, I was discussing that same thing at lunch. I would imagine that anyone coming in would likely bring their existing staff.

Scottie seems to be doing a pretty good job, cannot imagine bumping him down to bring KR back (although unlike several on the board, I thought KR did a good job here -- not to reopen that discussion).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    WRAL has a post about the upcoming coaching carousel, and Cut of course is heavily featured. He's even mentioned for some NFL looks. Another name tossed into the hat? Scottie Montgomery.

Scott Montgomery, Duke: A Shelby native and former Blue Devil standout receiver, the 36-year-old had NFL stops with Carolina Panthers, Denver and Oakland before joining Duke’s staff in 2006.
    Whether he leaves or not, the time very well could arrive when he’s tops on the Duke list to succeed Cutcliffe.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/area-he...EwBXJGT1coA.99
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    WRAL has a post about the upcoming coaching carousel, and Cut of course is heavily featured. He's even mentioned for some NFL looks. Another name tossed into the hat? Scottie Montgomery.

Ho ho ho, I guess they have failed to note he is ALREADY the heir apparent...highest titled job on Cut's staff...As long as he continues to do well, he's very likely to be the guy.
    Young, smart, charismatic, Duke grad, African American, lots of NFL experience, what's not to like about Scottie?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ho ho ho, I guess they have failed to note he is ALREADY the heir apparent...highest titled job on Cut's staff...As long as he continues to do well, he's very likely to be the guy.
    Young, smart, charismatic, Duke grad, African American, lots of NFL experience, what's not to like about Scottie?
    He's too short to coach QBs?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Seems weird that they completely omitted his NFL coaching experience, doesn't it?

Don't get the Cut to NFL idea (not the first place this has been floated). Does Cut seem remotely like an NFL guy? Much more likely that he would leave to coach at another school, and after turning down Tennessee that option doesn't appear particularly probable either.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Seems weird that they completely omitted his NFL coaching experience, doesn't it?

Don't get the Cut to NFL idea (not the first place this has been floated). Does Cut seem remotely like an NFL guy? Much more likely that he would leave to coach at another school, and after turning down Tennessee that option doesn't appear particularly probable either.
    I thought that was odd too. In fact, I double checked his wiki since I thought maybe he was suggesting Montgomery coached the Panthers instead of the Steelers. His NFL coaching experience is part of what made him a valuable commodity for Coach Cut.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."