Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kurt Roper to Florida for the OC Job

Per numerous reports. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Per numerous reports. Stay tuned.
    in case anyone is curious...

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...or-kurt-roper/
    April 1

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    As much as I loved to hate him, he has shown his worth in the last two seasons. (Or at least the last season and a half.) Florida definitely needs help, but I hope they find it elsewhere. If Roper goes, I hope it is for a head coach job and not the same position at another school.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Nice job to interview for, but that's a sinking ship and just about everyone knows it. I think he'll stay where he is, or
    take a head coaching job someplace, but I don't see him leaving for the S. S. Muschamp...

I don't like the timing. We don't need the churn in the days leading up to the Bowl Game.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I don't like the timing. We don't need the churn in the days leading up to the Bowl Game.
    I get what you're sayin', but this season's cake is baked as a huge success in my mind. A bowl win is just icing.

I would have been more concerned if this rumor had emerged with two weeks left before the season ended.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    I get what you're sayin', but this season's cake is baked as a huge success in my mind. A bowl win is just icing.

I would have been more concerned if this rumor had emerged with two weeks left before the season ended.
    We need more fans like you who are satisfied with less.

Kurt Roper has taken the job at Florida. Bruce Feldman reports he'll still coach the bowl game.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

That's a big time job, don't blame him at all for wanting to take it, because if Florida's offense isn't terrible next year, he'll get tons of credit. I'm glad he's going to stick around for the bowl game and see this historic season out.

My vote for replacement is Scottie Montgomery. Cut's got in under control, and White is going to pay what he needs to pay to get a great OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    That's a big time job, don't blame him at all for wanting to take it, because if Florida's offense isn't terrible next year, he'll get tons of credit. I'm glad he's going to stick around for the bowl game and see this historic season out.

My vote for replacement is Scottie Montgomery. Cut's got in under control, and White is going to pay what he needs to pay to get a great OC.
    I vote for DBR by committee...one poll per play.
    April 1

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I do appreciate him sticking through to see an excellent job finished, although I can see how it is easier for an assistant to stay on as opposed to a guy going to a HC job. (Like Cut did when he came to Duke.) Roper is heading back to the SEC, where he has spent much of his career, can't blame him for that. It will be fun to see what direction Duke goes with the hire, and how it shapes the field next year.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I do appreciate him sticking through to see an excellent job finished, although I can see how it is easier for an assistant to stay on as opposed to a guy going to a HC job. (Like Cut did when he came to Duke.) Roper is heading back to the SEC, where he has spent much of his career, can't blame him for that. It will be fun to see what direction Duke goes with the hire, and how it shapes the field next year.
    I wish him the best of success at Florida. We all have to follow our heart and our own hopes and wishes. We will be fine. I trust Cut.

As disappointing as it can be for someone to leave the staff, it's also an affirmation of the increased success for the program. The football staff has been remarkably stable. When worthy assistants have left, Coach Cutcliffe has upgraded and reorganized with subsequent hires.

I just hope

Cut does not hire Lame Kiffin.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post

SoCal
    I'll start practicing my "Fire Kiffin" yell.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post

SoCal
    Somehow I do not even see them in the same room when discussions about jobs take place.

Good luck Coach Roper, finish strong for us!

No reason to leave any plays in the bag.

Looks like it's official:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...blue-devils-oc

Best of luck to him. And best of luck to us getting ready for the CFA Bowl and our new hire.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Is Duke football Florida's coaching farm system?

Congratulations and good luck to Coach Kurt Roper! I'm anxiously awaiting the speculation on who will be the new hire for the staff.
    Bob Green