Seth to Grizzlies!

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Seth is going to get a shot, signing with the Grizzlies. Seems he's done really well in the NBDL, averaging 21 points and nearly 8 assists per game - perhaps he's allayed some of the concerns about his injury that kept teams wary early on.

At any rate, I'll be following closely and rooting for him. Go Seth!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post
    The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Seth is going to get a shot, signing with the Grizzlies. Seems he's done really well in the NBDL, averaging 21 points and nearly 8 assists per game - perhaps he's allayed some of the concerns about his injury that kept teams wary early on.

Great news! Thanks for sharing. Hopefully Seth can make the most of this opportunity and stick for awhile. He has an NBA level jumpshot thats for sure.

Awesome news! Hope he gets a chance to get on the court and show what he can do.

Gee, I saw the thread title and thought that Greenberg was joining Jordan!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post

Great news, but I do not understand this move from the Grizzlies perspective. I thought Conley and Bayless were pretty set at the PG spot. Will Seth get some minutes at SG?

Quote Originally Posted by timmy c View Post
    Great news, but I do not understand this move from the Grizzlies perspective. I thought Conley and Bayless were pretty set at the PG spot. Will Seth get some minutes at SG?
    Some reports that the Griz are seeking a sharpshooter and are not pleased with the play of Nick Calathes (13.5 mpg, 38.5% shooting, 17% 3PT) and maybe, just maybe Seth will get some minutes.

No guarantees, but rosters, I believe, are set on January 10. Let's hope Seth has a good two weeks.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Some reports that the Griz are seeking a sharpshooter and are not pleased with the play of Nick Calathes (13.5 mpg, 38.5% shooting, 17% 3PT) and maybe, just maybe Seth will get some minutes.

No guarantees, but rosters, I believe, are set on January 10. Let's hope Seth has a good two weeks.
    Also...
    Jerryd Bayless - 21 MPG and 23% from three
    Tony Allen - 26 MPG and 21% from three

ETA: That's 61 mpg at guard positions that combine for less than one three pointer made per game
    Last edited by Ichabod Drain; 12-23-2013 at 09:21 AM.

This is great news indeed! The Grizzlies have struggling to find floor spacers since the injury to Quincy Pondexter, even recently playing John Leuer extended minutes in search of outside shooting. Hopefully Curry is exactly the man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    This is great news indeed! The Grizzlies have struggling to find floor spacers since the injury to Quincy Pondexter, even recently playing John Leuer extended minutes in search of outside shooting. Hopefully Curry is exactly the man for the job.
    I haven't watched any Grizzlies games this year, but looks like they have the lowest percentage of field goal attempts from three-point range of any team in the league (17.0%*). Bodes well for Seth getting a legitimate shot I think.

* This would have been above league average as late as 2001. It's a different game, and Hollinger knows it.

As I always say, I am happy to not need to post in the D League thread for a little while.

Seth has the intangibles that make him a better player than his physical skills lead you to believe.
    His mountain is a high climb, but a mini microwave type spot player could help a team like the Grizzlies.

Despite all the clutch shots he always seemed to take and make against the Heels, I always liked his play and how he got the most out of his game.