Greensboro to host 2015 women's ncaa

From ACC press release

"The NCAA Women’s Basketball Committee has selected the Atlantic Coast Conference and Greensboro Coliseum as hosts for the 2015 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship Regional Round.

The women’s regional championships will be played on Saturday-Monday and Sunday-Tuesday combinations from March 28 through 31, 2015.

“This is a real tribute to Tournament Town, to the Greensboro tournament hosts, certainly to the Coliseum staff, and to the Atlantic Coast Conference,” said Nora Lynn Finch, the ACC Senior Associate Commissioner for Women’s Basketball. “I know that ACC teams will be competing for regional championships in 2015, so it is exciting to me that we may be able to offer a ‘home court’ to our member schools.”

The ACC and the Coliseum previously hosted an NCAA Women’s Basketball Regional Championship in 1999, 2007 and 2008. The Coliseum has also served as a major venue for the sport at the conference tournament level, having hosted every ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament since 2000.

The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee will determine the game dates for each site during their summer meeting at the end of June 2014 and will determine the game times during their fall meeting in mid-November 2014.

“I know this will be good for Greensboro, good for the economy and good for the national reputation of the city to host an event of this magnitude,” Finch said. “And it’s good for the ACC. We constantly strive for this kind of excellence on behalf of our conference and our member institutions.” "

So the regionals will return to neutral sites after this season, and this season alone? Thanks a lot, NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    From ACC press release

"The NCAA Women’s Basketball Committee has selected the Atlantic Coast Conference and Greensboro Coliseum as hosts for the 2015 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship Regional Round.

The women’s regional championships will be played on Saturday-Monday and Sunday-Tuesday combinations from March 28 through 31, 2015.

“This is a real tribute to Tournament Town, to the Greensboro tournament hosts, certainly to the Coliseum staff, and to the Atlantic Coast Conference,” said Nora Lynn Finch, the ACC Senior Associate Commissioner for Women’s Basketball. “I know that ACC teams will be competing for regional championships in 2015, so it is exciting to me that we may be able to offer a ‘home court’ to our member schools.”

The ACC and the Coliseum previously hosted an NCAA Women’s Basketball Regional Championship in 1999, 2007 and 2008. The Coliseum has also served as a major venue for the sport at the conference tournament level, having hosted every ACC Women’s Basketball Tournament since 2000.

The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee will determine the game dates for each site during their summer meeting at the end of June 2014 and will determine the game times during their fall meeting in mid-November 2014.

“I know this will be good for Greensboro, good for the economy and good for the national reputation of the city to host an event of this magnitude,” Finch said. “And it’s good for the ACC. We constantly strive for this kind of excellence on behalf of our conference and our member institutions.” "
    The women's ACCT would be so much better if it were at Madison Square Garden.

^

That was a joke.

Seriously, I know we're not Tennessee in the women's game, but you'd think that Duke, UNC and State...is State good anymore? You'd think that Duke and UNC put together would be, I'm not being greedy here, 70% of the pull of Knoxville, for a Regional.

OTOH, there's culture. The Women's FF was in my fair City in 2009. Tennessee lost in the semis. They still had more fans in the arena than UConn and Louisville, who were the finalists, during the final. UT WBB fans are righteous.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine