Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So for Duke football games this year, I've now eaten at Rendezvous and Corky's in Memphis, Bullock's in Durham, and, today, Fox Brothers in Atlanta. The Fox Brothers sandwich was very, very dry ... not really good at all. And that's not set against the very high standards of the other places, just looking for a decent sandwich for lunch. The place was hopping, however, so a lot must like it.
    BBQ should never be on a sandwich, period.

Fox Bros. is Texas style, so you gotta add sauce. I still say Daddy Deez is the best, and only about two miles away from Fox.

Best sandwich in town is the grilled short rib at Young Augustine's.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke2004 View Post
    Have any of you gone to one of these events before? The menu looks good and it would make things easy to plan on eating there, but the tickets are $60 each, which is a little steep. Thanks!
    I've been to them, at the Belk it was just outside the stadium in very large white tents, nicely catered. Lots of Dukie socializing - met lots of fellow fans from all over (don't just go if it is only for the food) - and there were a lot of giveaways, like pom-poms, programs and other goodies. This year it is in the Georia World Congress Center, I believe, in a "Ballroom" sort of setting I am told. BTW, kids are $30, adults are $60. My buddy and I are going but our families are not, due to the cost.

I am traveling with my family of four, including two pre-teen girls. Today we arrived at lunchtime in ATL and went straight to the MLK Museum - very nicely done, thoughtful exhibits - and after checking into our downtown hotel went to the CFA event at the Georgia Aquarium, within a few blocks of the GA Dome (where game is played) and GWC Center. Lots going on in downtown. Was surprised at all of the Duke clothing I saw - I'd say 50-50 vs TAM. The Duke Devil and Cheerleaders were at the Aquarium much of the night too.

Tomorrow will hit the World of Coke (by the Aquarium and Centennial Plazza) and CFA Parade downtown. Still deciding our afternoon plans. Nice to see lots of love from the Atlantans we've met.

Fan fest is included in the price apparently

Thank you for registering for the Forever Duke Chick-fil-A Bowl pregame party. The party will take place on Tuesday, December 31 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. in the Thomas Murphy Ballroom, Building B, Level 5 at the Georgia World Congress Center. If you received your party tickets in the mail, please bring them with you. If you did not receive tickets in the mail, Duke Alumni Association staff will be on hand to check you in.

Your registration includes access to Chick-fil-A Bowl Fan Fest. Fan Fest takes place from 2:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the Georgia World Congress Center, Building C, Halls C1-C4. If you received your Fan Fest tickets in the mail, please bring them with you. If you did not receive your tickets in the mail, Duke Alumni Association will be located near the entrance to Fan Fest starting at 1:00 p.m. with tickets.

The 46th Chick-fil-A Bowl kicks off at 8:00 p.m. in the Georgia Dome. Game tickets have been distributed by the entity from which you purchased.

Directions and parking information for the Georgia World Congress Center may be found online at www.gwcc.com/directions. You can also view a map of the party location and FanFest here. A full schedule of Chick-fil-A Bowl activities may be found online at www.chick-fil-abowl.com.

We look forward to seeing you in Atlanta. Go Duke!

Centennial Olympic Park Waffle House met every high expectation.

Mass at the Vatican.
    College hoops in Cameron.
    Waffle House in Atlanta.

If I missed this up thread, I'm sorry, but for those of you going to the game, stick around at half time and watch the Aggie band. They are legit, and may be the best military style marching band in the world. I give Aggies a hard time elsewhere, but it's pretty cool when the band is on its game. I imagine they'll want to show off a bit, too, tonight.

Colt Ford has a song, "Waffle House". Worth listening to on youtube.