Chelsea to the Rafters?

May be a bit early for this discussion, but here goes.

If she avoids another serious injury, by the end of the season her numbers will be comparable to, or even a bit better than, Lindsey.

She's already been ACC POY.

The only thing she doesn't have on her resume, which Lindsey has, is a trip to the Final Four.

I say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    May be a bit early for this discussion, but here goes.

If she avoids another serious injury, by the end of the season her numbers will be comparable to, or even a bit better than, Lindsey.

She's already been ACC POY.

The only thing she doesn't have on her resume, which Lindsey has, is a trip to the Final Four.

I say yes.
    they're going to make the final four this year. they're the second best team in the country, at least. as a uconn fan, for the first time in 4 years, I'm worried about uconn to duke. Over the years, I've been less than complimentary to coach P, but she and the team have really stepped it up.

book a final four, and take good odds on chelsea to the rafters.
    1200. DDMF.

Beard and Harding both won NPOY. I think that may be a requirement. Not out of the realm of possibility though.

I would be shocked if DWB didn't make the final four this year. But I was shocked when Baylor didn't make it last year too... Anything can happen. Just praying for no more injuries. Amber Henson has a completely healthy career and we're not having the Coach P stuck in the Elite 8 discussion. She was incredible, hope she gets most of it back. I'll be at the UCONN game on December 17. We'll see where we are after that game. The last UCONN games haven't really been competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Beard and Harding both won NPOY. I think that may be a requirement. Not out of the realm of possibility though.

I would be shocked if DWB didn't make the final four this year. But I was shocked when Baylor didn't make it last year too... Anything can happen. Just praying for no more injuries. Amber Henson has a completely healthy career and we're not having the Coach P stuck in the Elite 8 discussion. She was incredible, hope she gets most of it back. I'll be at the UCONN game on December 17. We'll see where we are after that game. The last UCONN games haven't really been competitive.
    i think and hope it will be this year, but should it be not, I'm not sure duke should take it as a snapshot of their team. uconn is retuning 4 out of 5 starters from a title team, and starts 2 seniors and a junior and has already run what was then #3 stanford off the floor.

this is the best team duke has had under P, and in my opinion, has no rival besides uconn this year. with the amount of talent coach P has had, and ow she has changed her style over the years to become more and more competitive is admirable. you can't get that much talent, and continue to come out shocked against connecticut. ND started getting there (and unfortunately that rivalry has been ripped apart), stanford has been there, and certainly baylor.

it was a 2 point game at the half last year. expect the blue devils to deliver that competitive performance for closer to 40 minutes this time.

i hope they're not scared anymore.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i think and hope it will be this year, but should it be not, I'm not sure duke should take it as a snapshot of their team. uconn is retuning 4 out of 5 starters from a title team, and starts 2 seniors and a junior and has already run what was then #3 stanford off the floor.

this is the best team duke has had under P, and in my opinion, has no rival besides uconn this year. with the amount of talent coach P has had, and ow she has changed her style over the years to become more and more competitive is admirable. you can't get that much talent, and continue to come out shocked against connecticut. ND started getting there (and unfortunately that rivalry has been ripped apart), stanford has been there, and certainly baylor.

it was a 2 point game at the half last year. expect the blue devils to deliver that competitive performance for closer to 40 minutes this time.

Is Hartley scheduled to be back? I could look it up, just feeling a little lazy, sorry. That is their center that got hurt at the beginning of the season right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Is Hartley scheduled to be back? I could look it up, just feeling a little lazy, sorry. That is their center that got hurt at the beginning of the season right?
    quick rundown:

bria hartley: senior guard shooter, but has been very inconsistent over the past 2 years
    kalena mosqueda-lewis: junior forward, probably the best basketball skills on the team, best at creating her own shot, it was announced on 11/20 she would be out 3-5 weeks, which would put 12/11-12/25 as the return range. it was announced yesterday she is expected to practice next week, so playing at duke on 12/17 is a very real possibility.
    breanna stewart: sophomore forward 6'4, FF MOP last year, has post moves, can handle the ball, and shoot the 3
    stephanie dolson: senior center...she's a big girl...6'5 but she's lost weight to move around more, and has gained post moves and is a good passer

brianna banks and moriah jefferson have been the two other starters in KML's absence
    kiah stokes is their first sub down low, and has made some good steps this year...might be the "bruiser" if they had one
    morgan tuck is the other player who has been out with a knee injury, and is a 6'2 PF. she seems to be on a similar time table as KML
    saniya chong freshman guard who has had some good minutes

not to change the topic, but figured I'd just give the rundown if people were interested
    1200. DDMF.

Not to detract from Chelsea Gray, but kudos also to Tricia Liston, who has become an amazing shooter; through 9 games this year, she is the team's leading scorer and is hitting:

60.2% FG
    54.2% 3-PT
    88.0% FT

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post

Yes--this is what I'd like to see. This UConn team is extremely tough and has made everyone they have played so far look a bit helpless; ergo, I'm not counting on even this excellent Duke team actually beating them. But I think they have a good chance to be pretty competitive throughout the game, which would represent a really important next step even if it doesn't result in victory.

Amber Henson

I have not been following the WB team much this year other than the results and looking at the occasional box score, but noticed that Amber Henson did not play against Purdue. I know, however, that she has played in earlier games. Is she hurt again? Sick? Resting her knee?

And yes to Chelsea Gray in the rafters.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimSlowSlider View Post
    I have not been following the WB team much this year other than the results and looking at the occasional box score, but noticed that Amber Henson did not play against Purdue. I know, however, that she has played in earlier games. Is she hurt again? Sick? Resting her knee?

And yes to Chelsea Gray in the rafters.
    According to JimSumner in the Purdue game thread, Amber's knees couldn't take playing three games, back-to-back (last week), so she had to rest against Purdue.

Chelsea to the Rafters?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hoisting one our players to the rafters is extreme, even if she is playing badly! Even ol' roy, at his worst, will only run over his most disappointing players a few times with the bus.