LB Chris Hoover (lower body)

S Garrett Rider (upper body)

QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

WR Jack Wise (upper body)

S Anthony Young-Wiseman (leg)

OUT FOR SEASON

OT Tanner Stone (leg)

DT Jamal Wallace (leg)

Hard to believe we are through the regular season already, and in good physical shape all things considered.

Thank you, Jim. Great report for early December!

I'm disappointed so see A Y-W out. He's been hurt much of his career and most of his contributions this season have come on special teams. But he's a fifth-year senior, one of those pioneers who bought into Cut's vision at a time when people were still pooh-poohing Duke football. It's a shame he won't be able to participate in the fruits of his labors.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I'm disappointed so see A Y-W out. He's been hurt much of his career and most of his contributions this season have come on special teams. But he's a fifth-year senior, one of those pioneers who bought into Cut's vision at a time when people were still pooh-poohing Duke football. It's a shame he won't be able to participate in the fruits of his labors.

Hope he gets ready for the Bowl game then.

Meanwhile, while he's out, Jonathan Woodruff (DE) is fully off the list.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Why is Sirk continuously listed? I mean, if he is out, and there are only two more games to play, why have him there? I can't imagine that we would burn a redshirt and put him in the bowl game.
    Love this list by the way.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Why is Sirk continuously listed? I mean, if he is out, and there are only two more games to play, why have him there? I can't imagine that we would burn a redshirt and put him in the bowl game.
    I asked this last week. Course, he doesn't have a redshirt this year - he used it last year. So unless he's going to be like Kenny and apply for a hardship waiver, it really doesn't matter.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I think Sirk has already burned a redshirt season. I suppose Cut thinks he may be ready for a bowl game in 3-4 weeks.

sage
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    I asked this last week. Course, he doesn't have a redshirt this year - he used it last year. So unless he's going to be like Kenny and apply for a hardship waiver, it really doesn't matter.
    Gotcha, thanks. I'm curious to see how he is going to be used. With the experience and success that Cutcliffe has had with Boone/Connette, I can't see him taking over a QB role unless he is just absolutely awesome. Which he may be. I'm hoping he has other skill sets, like Connette does.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Anunike was granted a second redshirt because both of his lost seasons were injury related.

Sirk was a healthy redshirt last season as a true freshman. So, he would not be eligible for an injury redshirt.

Maybe he'll be healthy enough to get a series or two late after Duke gets a big lead in their bowl game.

Before he got hurt, Duke thought Sirk was going to be good, really good.

Hopefully, that will still be the case next season. And down the line.