Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Should we root for Carolina tonight?

Outcome of the Challenge may be on the line. Conference bragging rights and all that. Knock Michigan State from the ranks of the unbeatens. Better for us to have Carolina as a worthy opp...

Who am I kidding?

Go Sparty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakane View Post
    Outcome of the Challenge may be on the line. Conference bragging rights and all that. Knock Michigan State from the ranks of the unbeatens. Better for us to have Carolina as a worthy opp...

Who am I kidding?

Go Sparty!!
    Like Sparty. And I like this experienced, no nonsense Sparty team. Go Izzo!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I hope Unc is down so much they have to end the game early.

Seeing Carolina lose is more fun than seeing the ACC prevail in this challenge. End of story.

P.S. Hey Terps: Welcome to the B1G tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    i hope unc is down so much they have to end the game early.
    right

on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eakane View Post
    should we root for carolina tonight?
    Never! 9f!

gthc gth

I'll never pull for UNC. Ever.

This might be the one game where I root for Carolina and against MSU.

On of my favorite high school teachers was related to Izzo (maybe his brother?), but this was fairly early in his career (before he went to his first final four), so he wasn't as well known then. I've always liked the guy. Maybe my favorite coach outside the Duke family.

But the Big Televen has tried to kill the ACC, and this is for conference pride. I might even wear a Carolina blue shirt while I watch the game tonight.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    But the Big Televen has tried to kill the ACC, and this is for conference pride.
    Hang on, all the B1G managed to do was take Maryland away and we might end up with an extra $3M out of the whole thing. I'd say they were doing us a solid.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I hope Unc is down so much they have to end the game early.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sViDGckXt0k

When FSU blewout Unc in Jan 2012, and Ole Roy, staff and team exited the basketball court leaving Behind 5 Walk On Players.

Did those 5 boys ever find their way back to Chapel Hill? Or still lost in Tallahassee, waiting on the Team Bus?

Thats the Carolina Way of ending a Game early! GTHC

The answer is always "no."

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    This might be the one game where I root for Carolina and against MSU.

On of my favorite high school teachers was related to Izzo (maybe his brother?), but this was fairly early in his career (before he went to his first final four), so he wasn't as well known then. I've always liked the guy. Maybe my favorite coach outside the Duke family.

But the Big Televen has tried to kill the ACC, and this is for conference pride. I might even wear a Carolina blue shirt while I watch the game tonight.
    The fact that you own a Carolina blue shirt suggests you should turn in your fan card...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    The fact that you own a Carolina blue shirt suggests you should turn in your fan card...
    Right. A lesser used, yet important corollary to 9f is 5d.

My father once told me "Son, long before you were born I hated Carolina. And if UNC was playing the Russians, I'd pull for the Russians."

So no, I will be a Spartan tonight. GTHC.

one must NEVER pull for the baby blue... one of the reasons I never fill out a tournament bracket for an office pool. I always pick the 'holes to lose in the first round.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

"If Hitler invaded Hell I would at least make a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Merlindevildog91 View Post
    "If Hitler invaded Hell I would at least make a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."

Winston Churchill
    "Hell. Hell is for children."

-- Pat Benatar

(Not sure what that has to do with anything, but 9F9F9F9F!!)

Curious to watch this one, Izzo's teams (as we all know) play hard-nosed, physical defense. How will the refs call it? And, do the Heels shoot free throws like they did against Belmont?

You have to be able to hit from outside to beat Michigan State. That is, um, not a strong suit of the current roster in Chappa Heel.

Probably a good thing this game is on the road, the Carolina fans go from quiet to sullenly quiet to irked quiet in a heartbeat. Then hit IC to tear their players apart and debate why Roy's teams don't play with passion.

Best to be in East Lansing.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "Hell. Hell is for children."

-- Pat Benatar

(Not sure what that has to do with anything, but 9F9F9F9F!!)

Curious to watch this one, Izzo's teams (as we all know) play hard-nosed, physical defense. How will the refs call it? And, do the Heels shoot free throws like they did against Belmont?

You have to be able to hit from outside to beat Michigan State. That is, um, not a strong suit of the current roster in Chappa Heel.

Probably a good thing this game is on the road, the Carolina fans go from quiet to sullenly quiet to irked quiet in a heartbeat. Then hit IC to tear their players apart and debate why Roy's teams don't play with passion.

Best to be in East Lansing.
    As we all know, it was by conspiracy that UNC had to play #1 MSU and Duke had to play #20 Michigan...

rooting interest

For most of my life (and I'm north of 60 years old), I pulled for UNC when they weren't playing Duke. I saw them as a partner in the battle between the schools playing real student athletes against the scumbag cheaters. Duke and UNC were partners in the fight to keep the 800 SAT rule. They were partners in the fight against ACC expansion. I was proud to have them as a rival.

Imagine my surprise to learn over the last few years that UNC was the worst of the scumbag cheaters. Mea culpa.

I will never again pull for a such a corrupt program. If UNC is playing Syracuse in the final game and a UNC victory would give Duke a regular season tile, I'd scream "Go Orange" and try to win the tournament.

Tonight, I'll pull like crazy for NC State, Boston College, Miami and Virginia.

Otherwise, go Sparty ... and I hope Ohio State buries Maryland (I don't see it as the Big Ten trying to kill the ACC, I see it as Maryland stabbing the ACC in the back -- pretending to support the league while negotiating in secret to jump to a richer league).

Even if I set out to root for UNC (like say I'd get $1000 if they won), by the 19:55 mark of the first half, I would already be rooting against them.

"Naaassty, naaaasty, heelses." -Gollum