View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 79-69 win over Michigan?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

1 0.85%
  • Rodney Hood

1 0.85%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

1 0.85%
  • Quinn Cook

80 68.38%
  • Amilie Jefferson

1 0.85%
  • Marshall Plumlee

4 3.42%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

29 24.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If this game jump-starts Marshall into being an effective 15 minute a game player, then we go from being a top dozen team to being a top 5 team. And so, while I voted for Quinn for MOTM, I'd vote for Marshall if this is part of a multi-game trajectory into his being our MITM (man in the middle).

OTOH, these silent games could get guys like Sheed and Amile going. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    There was also a baseline drive and at least one failure to rotate to cover when our post defender stepped out to help (I remember screaming at him twice for this but I don't remember if they both led to baskets)
    I'd have to watch again before I could agree or disagree with your assessment, but I am ready to argue that it was worth it either way. The team really needed the offensive spark he provided right when he provided it, not to mention the open looks Quinn got with better floor spacing with Andre in the game. Once Duke increased the lead, the baskets on the other end weren't as damaging.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    You do realize that he then single-handedly gave back as many points as he scored?
    Sorry but that's unfair. It was dumb to put Andre on that kid. Levert was torching every defender we put on him, so Andre was no worse in that regard. Andre and Hood should have had their assignments switched when Andre was in during that time. You dont put one of your marginal defenders on the other team's most creative and dynamic scorer. Andre's defense was fine when he was not guarding Levert. Just a poor coaching move there imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I'd have to watch again before I could agree or disagree with your assessment, but I am ready to argue that it was worth it either way. The team really needed the offensive spark he provided right when he provided it, not to mention the open looks Quinn got with better floor spacing with Andre in the game. Once Duke increased the lead, the baskets on the other end weren't as damaging.
    I will agree that it was well worth it. We were struggling offensively and losing momentum, and Dre gave us the much needed boost. This would argue for Coach K as the MOTM for his "mad scientist" ways. IMO: Quinn's stellar performance > Dre's boost - Dre's D.

It does tell you how difficult it must be to master Duke's defense. Five years after entering the program, Dre runs around on D without a clue. He isn't just occasionally caught out of position, he is usually out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    Sorry but that's unfair. It was dumb to put Andre on that kid. Levert was torching every defender we put on him, so Andre was no worse in that regard. Andre and Hood should have had their assignments switched when Andre was in during that time. You dont put one of your marginal defenders on the other team's most creative and dynamic scorer. Andre's defense was fine when he was not guarding Levert. Just a poor coaching move there imo.
    Right on. My point in calling out Dre's contribution was the momentum it gave us. I didn't think his D was particularly worse than anyone else's. And I thought he also created a Michigan turnover during his run as well. If Dre doesn't put up those quick 8 points, no telling where momentum would have taken Michigan, but it was not in our favor at that point until Dre radically changed our trajectory... and very possibly saved the DBR/SBN servers from exploding due to length of post-game thread had Michigan built on their momentum and won.