View Poll Results: Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 79-69 win over Michigan?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jabari Parker

1 0.85%
  • Rodney Hood

1 0.85%
  • Josh Hairston

0 0%
  • Tyler Thornton

1 0.85%
  • Quinn Cook

80 68.38%
  • Amilie Jefferson

1 0.85%
  • Marshall Plumlee

4 3.42%
  • Matt Jones

0 0%
  • Andre Dawkins

29 24.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke vs. Michigan (Dec 3, 2013)

Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 79-69 win over Michigan?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

DRE!

Dre had the most important, effective, and best 2 minutes of the game. But the overall body of work goes to Cook, and I don't think it's even close.

I hope to see more of that from Cook.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quinn had the best overall game, but Dre he came in and put the game away at a crucial time, as if he had been in all along.

We win the game because of Dre.

Quinn plus Dre

Has to be Quinn, but what a performance by Andre. He's too good not to be getting more minutes.

After the Arizona game, I said that Cook looked like a "pass seldom" point guard. Tonight he looked like a well-rounded, championship point guard.
    Way to go, Quinn!

Gotta be Quinn in my opinion. One of the best games of his career.
    But +1 also to the above props for Andre...reminded me of Baylor 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Dre had the most important, effective, and best 2 minutes of the game. But the overall body of work goes to Cook, and I don't think it's even close.

I hope to see more of that from Cook.
    Exactly! Vote goes to Cook, but Dawkins stepped up huge at critical point in the game.

It's Cook, hands down. It's really not even close. But Dawkins does deserve some kind of special honor as Super Second Man of the Match.

Had to give Plumlee a nod. He came in playing tough, influenced the game positively, and I think made a huge stride mentally that he can contribute well to the team. Especially if he can play at an effective level in the paint defensively (and he had some nice blocks or redirects). Always cool to see a player's self-belief and skills click together and transform into confidence before our eyes. It was only a few minutes, but I think indicative of a new level of teamwork the team achieved tonight.

You know... those "intangible"

Dawkins was a stone-cold assassin too.

Quinn!!

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    It's Cook, hands down. It's really not even close. But Dawkins does deserve some kind of special honor as Super Second Man of the Match.
    A lot of Quinn's moves look great in highlight reels, but my favorite Quinn-ism was his congratulatory shove on Marshall Plumlee after the big guy made a nice layup. I like the way this young man communicates. His steal at mid-court was pretty nifty too!

I'm going with Dre as he won the game for us and because I want to see more of him too.
    But yes this was one of Cooks better games and the same can be said for a bunch on the team.

Abstain

The answer is obvious, but I cant bring myself to vote after the selfish technical.

I voted for Andre because his baskets came just when we needed them. But it was a tough choice between Dre and Cook. Quinn had a terrific game. By far the best game this year. Like someone said, the chest bump he gave Marshall showed that he was about the team this game. Matter of fact the post game interview indicated that. Good to see him getting everyone involved including himself. GoDuke!

Quinn

Quinn had an excellent overall game and gets my vote. A careless early unforced turnover and a silly technical notwithstanding, his overall game was special.

Dre

For turning it up to 11 when the team needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    For turning it up to 11 when the team needed it.
    You do realize that he then single-handedly gave back as many points as he scored?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    You do realize that he then single-handedly gave back as many points as he scored?
    I know he got burned bad with a backdoor cut on one play but where were the other six points?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    I know he got burned bad with a backdoor cut on one play but where were the other six points?
    There was also a baseline drive and at least one failure to rotate to cover when our post defender stepped out to help (I remember screaming at him twice for this but I don't remember if they both led to baskets)