Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Er, David Cutcliffe.

The sixth season was worth waiting for.
    Touché. Last season was so awesome I had forgotten we had a losing record. My position still stands. Duke was about as extreme a position as you could get and Cutcliffe showed improvement qualitatively each year. Grobe had a noticeable, extended, backslide. I am not saying Grobe should have been let go or forced out or whatever. I am saying that the position that maybe that it was time for a change at Wake is more than reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Yeah, but WFU gave us Billy Packer, and that's a lot to overcome ...
    But it was a gift that kept on giving...

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Yeah, but WFU gave us Billy Packer, and that's a lot to overcome ...
    Damn, had erased that from my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    *Your mileage may vary with Josh Howard and/or Chris "my hand punched what? Paul. But can anyone really hate Rusty LaRue, Mugsy Bogues or Tim Duncan?
    If you look up "punk" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Chris Paul. But why would ANYone hate Josh Howard?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    If you look up "punk" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Chris Paul. But why would ANYone hate Josh Howard?
    http://www.thehoopsreport.com/aspnet...e.aspx?id=1122

Not saying that I agree, but it is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    http://www.thehoopsreport.com/aspnet...e.aspx?id=1122

Not saying that I agree, but it is out there.
    Probably one of the worst articles ever written...

If this is Grobe's decision, and he has a landing spot, I salute him.

If this is Wake Forest's decision, it's one of the most asinine decisions in the history of sport.
    My daughter is a student at Wake and the word around campus was the Grobe was told to fire his entire staff or resign.

He chose to resign.

I know that this is rumor only, but really?

All the concerns about Grobe being done dirty by the Demon Deacons, Pete Lembo is a guy that could probably do well there.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    My daughter is a student at Wake and the word around campus was the Grobe was told to fire his entire staff or resign.

He chose to resign.

I know that this is rumor only, but really?
    When I was a student at Wake (just graduated in May 2013), I worked on the football staff doing recruiting. I have a buddy who still worked for them, until Grobe resigned of course. I can confirm the fact that Grobe was essentially fired/pushed out by the Wake athletic department. The fact that he "resigned" was Wake's attempt to allow him to leave with grace after what he has do e for the program.

It's a shame that it had to end this way for Grobe, as I can honestly say he is one of the nicest, most genuine men I have ever met. But our football program had also stagnated in recent years, in all aspects. So change might not be the worst thing in the world, especially if we can find a young, intense, passionate head coach who will bring a bit of a change of pace from what Grobe brought.

Looks like Wake is hiring Bowling Green's Dave Clawson, who has already done more for the ACC by knocking Northern Illinois out of the BCS than Jeff Bzdelik has in four years.

Looks like Wake is hiring Bowling Green's Dave Clawson, who has already done more for the ACC by knocking Northern Illinois out of the BCS than Jeff Bzdelik has in four years.
    Color me unimpressed. Still a better hire than Bzdelik.

Think it's interesting that Wellman in that article makes a big deal about hiring someone with experience at a private school. I think Cut has proven that's not a huge deal... as far as I know Cut has only been affiliated with large public institutions (except for being hired at ND and then not actually even coaching there) prior to coming to Duke.

I'd say go for the best coach on the board and trust that he is smart enough to figure out what it means to coach at a private school.

If you look up "punk" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Chris Paul.
    I suspect things change depending on whether he (or anyone else) is "ours" or "yours." Christian Laettner comes to mind.

For what it's worth, my daughter was a Wake student with CP3 and he was anything but a punk off the court. Note too that, as has been well-publicized here in SoCal, CP3 and JJ (along with their wives) have already become pretty tight. It also seems like our coaching staff has come to terms with him.

It helps that he's a truly great player.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    I suspect things change depending on whether he (or anyone else) is "ours" or "yours." Christian Laettner comes to mind.

For what it's worth, my daughter was a Wake student with CP3 and he was anything but a punk off the court. Note too that, as has been well-publicized here in SoCal, CP3 and JJ (along with their wives) have already become pretty tight. It also seems like our coaching staff has come to terms with him.

It helps that he's a truly great player.
    This jives with my impressions of Chris Paul. Off the court, he's a prince. On the court, he's a jerk. But if he's YOUR jerk you love him for what he brings to the game. (And Christian is a good on-court comparison. Not sure Christian was much of a prince off the court, but I can't say either way.)
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

How many guys did Paul pop? (Ouch!)

I think he's in a league of his own there.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    How many guys did Paul pop? (Ouch!)

I think he's in a league of his own there.

-jk
    I know at least one in college and one in the NBA right? Are there more?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I know at least one in college and one in the NBA right? Are there more?
    Hodge, and who's the one in the NBA?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Hodge, and who's the one in the NBA?
    I'm not sure and I may be mis-remembering here, but I was pretty sure there was one more after the Hodge incident.