Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    Just finished listening to the "Headband"'s post game interview on the radio and I must say it was one of the most illogical interviews I've ever heard. It was embarrassing to listen to, truly.

He started by saying UNC football isn't UNC basketball so fans and players shouldn't expect to get calls in their favor, even at home.

Then, he proceeds to say he thinks UNC is the more talented team, just not the smarter team.

After that, he praises Duke for being tough and deserving of the win because they made winning plays.

Finally, Fedora finishes by stating Duke got almost all the calls and he tried to warn the players that would happen in the pregame preparation because he knew that would happen.

It was Billy Madison Part II, really.
    I just watched his post game comments online and they didn't seem like they had been edited... I heard none of what you are referencing. Was it a locker room interview or something where he spewed all that stuff? Not trying to defend the headband. Just curious where and to whom he said those things?

I didn't really know where else to put this, but after a historical day for Duke football, Auburn made the biggest play in college football history. Thinking through all of the other huge plays they show all the time, this one had the most impact. Eliminated a potential three-peat champion, and was just spectacular

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Great win!

Classless move by the Holes at the end with the Schiano victory formation garbage.
    What else would you expect from the heels?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I didn't really know where else to put this, but after a historical day for Duke football, Auburn made the biggest play in college football history. Thinking through all of the other huge plays they show all the time, this one had the most impact. Eliminated a potential three-peat champion, and was just spectacular
    That, and the replay that put the second back on the clock to give them the fg opportunity. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    This also means that we're almost assuredly playing the #1 team in the nation for the ACC Title.

Pretty sweet.

Great article about today's victory from the Chronicle https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...tops-unc-27-25

Best part is near the end: "I just think people need to believe that Duke football is going to be a powerhouse," Cash said. "Whether you want to believe it or not, we are going to run the ACC."

Our state.jpg
    So is the Commonwealth of Virginia!
    Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Our state.jpg
    Love, Ima
    Old news, Ima. We won that weeks ago .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Great article about today's victory from the Chronicle https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...tops-unc-27-25

Best part is near the end: "I just think people need to believe that Duke football is going to be a powerhouse," Cash said. "Whether you want to believe it or not, we are going to run the ACC."
    Congrats to you, DitBD.

Not many have been as loyal and supportive over the years.

Sweet.

As an Iron Duke and a previously, maybe still a little bit, NCSU football fan I'm not ashamed to say that I am a Coach Cut Bandwagoneer! Watching DFB over the past two years has been quite exciting! Its easy to get attached to someone who represents themselves and their school with such high character. Today was just as awesome as any of the times I've watched Duke beat UNC on the hardwood - and equally nerve racking! My fingernails look like Stevie Wonder cut them! I'm especially happy for, and envious of, those fans who rooted for Duke through thick and thin. Today must feel extra special for you guys!

I'm not counting Duke out against FSU. This team finds ways to win. If its close in the 4th quarter I like our (can I say "our"??) chances!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I just watched his post game comments online and they didn't seem like they had been edited... I heard none of what you are referencing. Was it a locker room interview or something where he spewed all that stuff? Not trying to defend the headband. Just curious where and to whom he said those things?
    It was a radio interview on the Tarheel radio network.
    Last edited by BlueDevilBrowns; 11-30-2013 at 09:36 PM.

What a season !!! Congrats to Coach Cut, his assistants, the players and everyone else associated with Duke football. If Coach Cut is not given serious consideration for national coach of the year, it will be an outrage.

Obviously I'm not going to predict that Duke will beat Florida State this weekend, but does anyone else think it would somewhat comparable to when the Duke BB team beat UNLV in 1991. As I remember, almost no one gave Duke a chance to win that game and it did seem like it was boys playing men in that game, but the Duke team did pull off a miracle win. Obviously, a win over Florida State in football would be an even bigger upset but good luck to the Duke players and coaches. Let's at least hope for no serious injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post

Cash is money.

Haven't been able to post much lately. Just don't really have the time these days. But if an exception is to be made, this is the thread for it. What a game! Biggest win in my lifetime, at the very least! That is to say, the biggest win... for now. Can't wait to see what these boys do next.

Gutsy play all around. A joy to watch. Congrats to the players and the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Congrats to you, DitBD.

Not many have been as loyal and supportive over the years.

Sweet.
    Thank you! As I told someone else recently, never underestimate what a determined woman can do. I've had this vision for many years, based somewhat on a memory of what was. I've never doubted it could happen.

We have seen the promised land and it is OURS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Our state.jpg
    Love, Ima
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Old news, Ima. We won that weeks ago .
    And apparently, when the clock read 0:00, we had a contingent of fans/Crazies, who chanted "Our State" instead of "Our House."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBrowns View Post
    It was a radio interview on the Tarheel radio network.
    Thanks.

What a tool. Complimentary and humble during the postgame and then whining and pandering to the fans on the radio.

We should put up a coastal div championship billboard on 15-501 (not really, but that would be frickin hilarious).

Congrats Coastal Division Champions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ball_champions

So basically State won an ACC championship in 1979 and UNC won in 1980. We've been champs of some sort twice since that time. Just let that sink in. Let's rub salt on the wound and win next week too. On to Charlotte.

Cool Support

Wow.

Special Season to a Special Team.

Lots of former players deserve the credit for pushing the current depth of the roster. Without players like Thad Lewis, Sean Renfree, Donavon Varner, Conner Vernon, Matt Daniels, Vinny Rey, Vince Oghobaase, Desmond Scott etc...this program would not currently be headed to the ACC Championship Game.

In my heart this victory goes out to them.

All Champions in my book.
    Last edited by Duke of Nashville; 12-01-2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Format

Good post DofN.

The recent graduates were and are fine young men who deserve recognition for elevating the program.