Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDuke2004 View Post
    Also, when I was at the game Saturday, I noticed this was the consensus of the Heels fans around me too. They we're incredibly respectful and complimentary of Coach Cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm still smiling. A huge thank you, again, to Coach Cutcliffe, the staff, and the players - past and present - that have brought our football program to this point.
    Cold water in the face comment: Cut hasn't yet won enough games at Duke to be truly hated. That time will come.

sagegrouse

Question about the celebration on the field yesterday - does anyone know who the guy was in the cowboy hat that was ringing the Victory Bell?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Question about the celebration on the field yesterday - does anyone know who the guy was in the cowboy hat that was ringing the Victory Bell?
    I'm not sure if he had a cowboy hat on or not, but I saw someone jump the fence in front of the student section and proceed to run around on the field. Security didn't notice him. He was following the victory bell as it made its way across the field last I saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Cold water in the face comment: Cut hasn't yet won enough games at Duke to be truly hated. That time will come.

sagegrouse
    Yep. Just let Duke beat UNC again next year and have a more successful season, and the anti-Cut hate will be in full force. They don't hate K because he's any less good of a man than Cut...they hate him because he's taken ACC supremacy away from their basketball program.

Already yesterday on IC there was plenty of evidence that this could be tolerated only for so long. Plenty of comments about how the refs gave it to us, about how Duke is the laughingstock of ACC football and always will be, about how Duke's season was the result only of a sorry schedule (as if UNC didn't lose to any teams that we beat) about how Cut will undoubtedly depart Durham momentarily, etc. If he decides to continue here for the duration of his career, and if he can sustain anything like this level of success, and especially if our annual win total tends to exceed theirs...the hate will come.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Plenty of comments about how the refs gave it to us, about how Duke is the laughingstock of ACC football and always will be
    Reminder (to unc fans, not davekay): Duke is playing in an ACC Championship game and unc never has.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Reminder (to unc fans, not davekay): Duke is playing in an ACC Championship game and unc never has.
    The Helms committee has a meeting scheduled to remedy the situation. There is a little confusion, the room is double booked with an AFAM lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Plenty of comments about how Duke is the laughingstock of ACC football
    I think I might possibly agree with IC.
    Let's see now, I laughed all the way home from Chapaheel Saturday...In fact, I couldn't stop smiling!!! I will be laughing all the way to Charlotte this Saturday... then I am going to laugh all the way to a major bowl bid. And all the while that I am laughing, they will be whining about refs. And I thought Gary Williams had retired.

My personal favorite...

tas0417
    All-ACC
    546 posts this site
    Posted: Today 8:52 AM
    Re: This loss is unacceptable.

Don't you remember our rings from last year?

Nothing more needs to be said. Nothing.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    I haven't gotten to post in here yet since I was away from a computer all weekend.

I screamed. I fell on the ground. I screamed some more. I may have even cried just a little bit. The people in hotel rooms near to mine were probably concerned.

We accomplished so much on Saturday. Now that Carolina is sufficiently in hell, we can go about our business of beating Florida State and playing a college football game in January.

Congratulations to the seniors, who finished with an even record against the Heels.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosmage View Post
    tas0417
    All-ACC
    546 posts this site
    Posted: Today 8:52 AM
    Re: This loss is unacceptable.

Don't you remember our rings from last year?

Nothing more needs to be said. Nothing.
    Just an observation: you know M. John Swofford had to have been in attendance, since there was the possibility of a Division Championship being awarded -as it was in the locker room post-game.
    Why was a lesser official -representing M. Swofford- the one who presented it?
    Had the situation been reversed, don't you think Johnny would have done the honors himself?
    Again, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Just an observation: you know M. John Swofford had to have been in attendance, since there was the possibility of a Division Championship being awarded -as it was in the locker room post-game.
    Had the situation been reversed, don't you think Johnny would have done the honors himself?
    I thought of that, but decided it really didn't matter. Duke won.

One could argue about which roster (UNC or Duke) has more talent, but I don't think any lucid observer could
    deny that Duke is a far better coached team.

I was so sick of those decades (literally) where unc would just run up and
    down the field on us all day. The nightmare is over.

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    there were 4 teams that could have won the division on saturday....commish couldn't have been at all the games...he probably went to whichever was most convenient.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    One could argue about which roster (UNC or Duke) has more talent, but I don't think any lucid observer could
    deny that Duke is a far better coached team.

I was so sick of those decades (literally) where unc would just run up and
    down the field on us all day. The nightmare is over.
    yeah, no doubt on the coaching side

Just my .02 on the relative talent -- Duke has greatly improved in many areas -- team speed, running back, offensive line, and love the young secondary guys
    UNC still gets a few NFL draft type players, and we haven't (yet) had many in that category; I'll be curious to see who the pros like on our current roster

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    there were 4 teams that could have won the division on saturday....commish couldn't have been at all the games...he probably went to whichever was most convenient.
    Well, there was one game that was at his alma mater, and it was also the only game where a single winner could be crowned. All the other teams would have been co-champs.

But as DitBD wisely noted, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    GT was eliminated on Friday, when Miami beat Pitt. So there were only two games, and only Duke could have won outright.