Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I just don't understand why all of our players think that they need to go 1 on 5. We've been doing it all game. Again.

How many times are we going to drive at Gordon and get blocked?

3. we got hosed

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Clearly you don't watch much Duke basketball
    Is that right? Explain how. I know he's yelling and he's coaching and everything; that's never in doubt. What I said was is it SEEMS like there's not a lot of coaching up going on. Instructions yes, teaching no. The inability to play zone, I feel, shows that.

Thank god for Jabari and Hood or wed be a nit team at best..None of our other players have developed that well so far..

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Little more negativity than warranted people
    This is true, but you have to expect it. We have been unable to beat either of the teams that were ranked near us, and it could cost us our top 10 ranking. That leads to frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I dont blame the team, I blame K. He wants to play 6'7 josh hairston, who can't defend or rebound against this frontline and isn't a scoring a threat. Our two biggest problems right now are defending/rebounding against this frontline and scoring. Why not play Marshall? Certainly couldn't get any worse. Why not put in Dre to see if we can get a scoring punch--we had 9 points for the half at the 8 minute mark...

But that's K's MO. He is stubborn and isn't known for in game adjustments. I can live with it given he seems to know what he's doing
    I concur. The limited rotation really is frustrating right now. The team is young, and we all have to keep reminding ourselves of that. But I'd be lying if I said I'm not surprised at how poorly this particular edition of the Duke Blue Devils have played thus far in the season. More lows than highs at this point.

Hopefully Coach goes back to the drawing board and reconsiders the rotation he's played the last few days. Like Silky, I'm just not sold on Hairston getting the run he's been getting this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    This is true, but you have to expect it. We have been unable to beat either of the teams that were ranked near us, and it could cost us our top 10 ranking. That leads to frustration.
    Not a top 10 team right now but they will get better

We didn't deserve the win, but the officiating in the second half has been terrible

Sheed is definitely struggling to adjust to his new role. Shooting around 35% on the season now.

11. How do you shoot a 3 and end up in under the bench and it is not a fould

Dre comes in and shows why I missed him.

Facts

Fact:

First time in 14 years Duke loses twice before January. Also the first time in 14 years that Duke loses twice in only the first month.

Not a good sign for Durham.

Communication is poor in this team. No ball movement in O at all. In D Amile and Josh lost their position very often, especially Amile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    I just don't understand why all of our players think that they need to go 1 on 5. We've been doing it all game. Again.
    Not bothered by this game - we simply aren't as good as the elite teams. Not enough size among other issues. It is what it is .

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Thunder View Post
    Fact:

First time in 14 years Duke loses twice before January. Also the first time in 14 years that Duke loses twice in only the first month.

Dude lighten up. We lost to 2 top 5 teams. In November

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Thunder View Post
    Fact:

So the last time we lost twice before January was 1999? I seem to remember that team having a pretty good year (Final AP #1, lost to eventual NCAA runner-up Florida in sweet 16).