Congrats to Duke volleyball

Portions of Duke press release.

"Behind a stellar performance from senior libero Ali McCurdy, the 15th-ranked Duke volleyball team clinched a share of the 2013 ACC Championship Wednesday afternoon, defeating NC State 3-1 (25-20, 25-14, 20-25, 25-18) in Cameron Indoor Stadium. With a one game lead over both North Carolina and Florida State heading into the season finale, Duke has the opportunity to win the league title outright Friday against the Tar Heels.

In her penultimate regular season home match, McCurdy did not disappoint as the Tampa, Fla., native anchored a solid defensive outing by the Blue Devils. McCurdy matched her career high with an astounding 37 digs, extending her ACC-record career total to 2,463. Duke (26-4, 17-2 ACC) also received a career-high-tying seven blocks from freshman middle blocker Jordan Tucker to help hold the NC State (20-11, 11-8 ACC) offense in check for much of the match.

With the league’s automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament on the line, Duke plays its final regular season match Friday, Nov. 29 at 3 p.m. against No. 14 North Carolina in Cameron Indoor Stadium."

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    With the league’s automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament on the line, Duke plays its final regular season match Friday, Nov. 29 at 3 p.m. against No. 14 North Carolina in Cameron Indoor Stadium."
    I am so there. I was already planning on a trip to the Duke store to gear up for the football game.
    Last edited by ForkFondler; 11-27-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForkFondler View Post
    I am so there. I was already planning on a trip to the Duke store to gear up for the football game.
    Try to find a T-shirt that says "UNC Volleyball: Nothin' But Net."

If (God forbid) we lose tomorrow, and FSU beats GaTech, there will be a three-way tie, and we will have split head-to-head with both UNC and FSU. Anybody know how the tie-breakers for the automatic bid work?