New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

First Solo Show Opening

A few of you were beyond awesome and came to my studio opening my girlfriend and I had back in the summer, which was lots of fun. Since then, I've been creating new works, all of course for my show at the Bank of the Arts gallery in New Bern. The dates have been moved around a couple times, so I've been hesitant to announce anything until something was set in stone..or at least on paper.
    I've known it was supposed to be January for a little while now (not my favorite choice, but at this point I am looking to it being over, haha), but until I signed the paperwork last week I didn't let myself smile. The show will run two months, it opens Friday, January 10th. All the downtown galleries will be open for the New Bern Artwalk. If you are in the area, stop in and check it out, as well as the other galleries in the neighborhood. We are working very hard to make New Bern a vibrant arts community and I feel we are on the right path.

SelfCard.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Best of luck, and remember my interest in the Muir Woods if still intact,

You do great work, I hope the show is redonkulous.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    A little bit of press from the gallery that I am exhibiting in.
    http://www.cravenarts.org/upcoming-exhibit.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I was happy to see you used the correct shade of blue for your umbrellas. Good luck with your show.

Wow

I just saw this. Loved Breakfast Table and Inside Out in particular. Best of luck for your show!

Quote Originally Posted by GDT View Post
    I just saw this. Loved Breakfast Table and Inside Out in particular. Best of luck for your show!
    Thanks very much. That series was fun, the challenge of capturing light coming in to a room through fabric. I was way happy with how they turned out.

Good luck tonight!

I hope you have a great showing!! The stuff you post on-line is knock-out fabulous.

Hope it goes and is going well.

Thanks all, the opening was tons of fun, and quite crowded. It's hard to appreciate the show on any opening night, with all the people there. I always go back later to see a show again when the crowds have left. Two paintings sold before I went off to have some dinner, the one of the breakfast table that GDT enjoyed, and one nude portrait. If you had asked me which painting would NOT sell, I would have said the portrait. Not only do portraits in general not sell, but portraits of balding, overweight, naked guys probably sell even less. This one did.
    Besides the two that sold that night, I got offers to display in other galleries, and a couple portrait commissions (including one for a nude), so the rewards went beyond just selling pieces off the wall. The local paper has been very nice about giving the show lots of press too, three of the paintings were featured different days this week.