Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MBB: (24) UNC-CH 93, (3) Louisville 84

#3 Louisville is down by 12 points with ten minutes remaining to some barely-ranked team that recently lost to Belmont.

I don't want to bag on the Heels, but Louisville looks horrendous in this second half. The Heels are playing fine, but the Cards are playing very un-Pitino defense...they have allowed several leak outs for dunks and their offense is anemic, settling for lots of long bad 3s. I feel like they are having trouble with UNC's size and Chane Behanan looks like he's missed a month of basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I don't want to bag on the Heels, but Louisville looks horrendous in this second half. The Heels are playing fine, but the Cards are playing very un-Pitino defense...they have allowed several leak outs for dunks and their offense is anemic, settling for lots of long bad 3s. I feel like they are having trouble with UNC's size and Chane Behanan looks like he's missed a month of basketball.
    Yeah, Louisville looks so bad. They are constantly bumping and hand checking on their full court D which just doesn't fly this year, didnt they get the memo? Settling for tons of threes. No driving, which you would think would get them to the line with players like Smith and Jones.

Also, Paige looks really good.

- Chillin

Not say'in I told you so, but I told you so

From the Belmont thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Ah, it's the annual "Stick a fork in Carolina, they're done" thread on DBR. We got this one going early this season.
    Lots of basketball left to be played with over 8 minutes in the game; however, win or lose, Carolina has some talented players and will adjust and move forward with or without PJ and LMac.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-24-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Yeah, Louisville looks so bad. They are constantly bumping and hand checking on their full court D which just doesn't fly this year, didnt they get the memo? Settling for tons of threes. No driving, which you would think would get them to the line with players like Smith and Jones.

Also, Paige looks really good.

- Chillin
    L'ville's defense works only against teams that don't get calls...

The big thing to me is that they look like they are all ball watching on offense. If one of the ball handlers isn't doing it, then nobody is. That's not a good way to play the game. Then, not getting back in transition caused them to give up several baskets on easy run-outs. Now, they can't get a rebound to save their lives. They miss Georgi. It reminds me of how we looked to Austin at times during the last stanza of the 2012 season (Mason was rebounding, but we relied way too much on one player to be our offense, and our D had narcolepsy from time to time).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    From the Belmont thread:

Lot's of basketball left to be played with over 8 minutes in the game; however, win or lose, Carolina has some talented players and will adjust and move forward with or without PJ and LMac.
    They have a roster full of high school all Americans- I have no idea why people are ready to write off UNC. They are young and getting better. They can play with any team and I expect them to move up in the polls by the new year.

heels handing their bidness without weed or guns or mouthpieces…
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    They have a roster full of high school all Americans- I have no idea why people are ready to write off UNC. They are young and getting better. They can play with any team and I expect them to move up in the polls by the new year.
    To be fair, it is understandable to have thought that it wouldn't have been this game that they came to life in

It should be noted that Paige played one of those incredible games and I am pretty sure he will not average 30 - still a mighty impressive performance

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    What channel??

That was an outstanding coaching effort by coach Williams. He's not a hall of fame coach because of his looks.

Paige showing his grasp of the game and leadership.

Beating the #3 team and still nowhere near the quality of play this team is capable of, and that's encouraging.

Time to Retire the Kennedy Meeks jokes??

-- 13 points and 11 rebounds. Hmmm.

Louisville is a very very dirty team. They beat us last year thanks to the poor officiating. I do not have any respect to them at all. So today I have to root for Tar Heel.

In this game Roy outcoached Quicky Ricky. I actually think Tar Heel will surprise everyone at the end of the year even without PJ.

Paige looks terrific, but I watched the whole game and the overwhelming storyline of that game is Louisville just shot themselves in the foot over and over. Unforced turnovers, missing open lay ups, no teamwork on offense at all. That looked like a team that will struggle to get an NIT bid. They miss Siva and Diang a lot. They don't rebound well at all and Jones is a huge step behind Siva. One of the last possessions they were running down and Van Trease was wide open under the hoop and ahead of the pack and Jones never even looked because he was too determined to shoot (and miss) a three. Pitino's got a lot of work to do there.

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    The biggest joke is being told by his own fans. They say he will mitigate the effects of Okafor next year. That's just not going to happen.

Passing, passing, passing....

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post

Kennedy meeks outlet passing is incredible. He had 4 or 5 outlet pass assists in second half. On the money, bullet passes. He could be an all american when its all said and done....

I hate Tar Heel but we have to respect their bigs. Their bigs will outrebound most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    They don't rebound well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bbosbbos View Post
    I hate Tar Heel but we have to respect their bigs. Their bigs will outrebound most teams.
    Maybe so. But Louisville rebounds like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Well, let's be clear - several of those high school all Americans spent most of their college careers playing like garbage. Not sure one game changes that.