Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Wheels up at Noon for Carolina

ACC Announces Final Game Times & TV for Nov. 30

GREENSBORO, NC – The Atlantic Coast Conference Sunday announced the game times and networks for the Virginia Tech at Virginia and Duke at North Carolina games and the network for Georgia-Georgia Tech. The games were held by ESPN on a six-day option.

Saturday, Nov. 30

Duke at North Carolina, ESPN2, Noon

Virginia Tech at Virginia, ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

Georgia at Georgia Tech, ABC (full national), 3:30 pm

The line doesn't surprise me. Hopefully, a big contingent of Duke supporters can make it to the game. I probably would have gone, but, alas, I will be in South Florida. Woe is me.

Why are we saddled with another noon kickoff? How is there another ACC game this week bigger than Duke-unc? This is distinctly inconvenient for me, given a family Thanksgiving gathering with a planned meal time of 1:30-2:00. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Why are we saddled with another noon kickoff? How is there another ACC game this week bigger than Duke-unc? This is distinctly inconvenient for me, given a family Thanksgiving gathering with a planned meal time of 1:30-2:00. Oh well.
    3:30 probably is a more attractive time than Noon. But ESPN2 is a more attractive platform than ESPNU.

Glass half-full or half-empty? Beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    3:30 probably is a more attractive time than Noon. But ESPN2 is a more attractive platform than ESPNU.

Glass half-full or half-empty? Beats me.
    I would rather have noon to ourselves than compete with UGa-GT, personally. So noon works.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Actually closer to 4.5 - sagarin's home field edge is closer to 3.7 points than 3.

That said, Vegas puts us at 5.5 point underdogs. Jesus.
    Gotta add in a big ol' dose of Kenan home cooking...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That stadium is going to be packed and loud. Very few tickets available on stubhub, and none under $70. Otherwise, the game is sold out. That's pretty awesome...LGD!!!!

http://www.stubhub.com/unc-football-...-2013-4248063/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Works for Me

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would rather have noon to ourselves than compete with UGa-GT, personally. So noon works.
    Will watch at 9 am in LA, then go to UCLA-USC game which starts at 5 our time.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Gotta add in a big ol' dose of Kenan home cooking...
    Yea, I got a baaaad feeling about this one...

I felt pretty good about the last 3 games, even Miami, but playing in chappaheeya with their own Coastal Division championship hopes on the line just doesn't give me good vibes. But, I'll be delighted to be proved wrong about 300 or 315 PM this Saturday afternoon.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Well, not to mention the Iron Bowl. No one besides hard core UVA/Va Tech fans are watching ESPNU at 3:30 on Saturday.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    but playing in chappaheeya with their own Coastal Division championship hopes on the line.
    Not a chance in Chapel Hell. Yes...it is mathematically possible...but not a chance. Even if it snows.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Kenan-goers are late risers

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Saturday, Nov. 30

Duke at North Carolina, ESPN2, Noon

Virginia Tech at Virginia, ESPNU, 3:30 p.m.

Georgia at Georgia Tech, ABC (full national), 3:30 pm
    This is great for us. UNC has been complaining all year about noon starting times making it difficult for people to have their social times before games, and a number haven't even made the games. I know that die-hard Carolina football fans will make the effort to be in stadium at kickoff, but look for lots of aluminum to be showing early. (Or is this just wishful thinking?)

Is it terrible of me...

...that I don't even care about our early-season hoops woes? I trust that K will get this bunch playing team defense before February, and we will take our lumps against good teams in the next couple of weeks. But the football team is setting newer, higher expectations every week, and I really care about these guys. The fact that they are ranked in the BCS and can win out to play in the ACC championship game was not believable a year, three months, even one month ago. I'm so proud of this team!

Now BEAT CAROLINA! I think that if it weren't for last year's win against the Heels, this year's Duke team might feel intimidated going into this game. But this is where it all ended last year--won the Carolina game and hit the wall--and the team has grown so much since then. We are undefeated on the road including a win at Virginia Tech. This team knows how to win--Go Devils!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Not a chance in Chapel Hell. Yes...it is mathematically possible...but not a chance. Even if it snows.
    I thought all tiebreakers on all scenarios worked against the heels for the coastal championship. Is this not the case? Of course they can make shirts celebrating a tie.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie is still king View Post
    I thought all tiebreakers on all scenarios worked against the heels for the coastal championship. Is this not the case? Of course they can make shirts celebrating a tie.
    Yes and No - Yes, all tiebreakers work against the Heels. But that's for the conference CHAMPIONSHIP Game. Technically, if Duke were to lose, Duke, UNC, GT, and probably VT and Miami would all be considered co-champions of the coastal.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Yes and No - Yes, all tiebreakers work against the Heels. But that's for the conference CHAMPIONSHIP Game. Technically, if Duke were to lose, Duke, UNC, GT, and probably VT and Miami would all be considered co-champions of the coastal.
    In that case, who plays FSU?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by bleudiable View Post
    This is great for us. UNC has been complaining all year about noon starting times making it difficult for people to have their social times before games, and a number haven't even made the games. I know that die-hard Carolina football fans will make the effort to be in stadium at kickoff, but look for lots of aluminum to be showing early. (Or is this just wishful thinking?)
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    In that case, who plays FSU?
    Scenarios are as follows:
    Duke wins -> To the title game.
    Duke loses ->
    ----If VT Wins -> VT to the title game.
    ----If VT Loses ->
    --------Miami Wins --> Miami to the title game.
    --------Miami Loses --> GT to the title game.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

And thus worthy of t-shirts and rings for the unc faithful.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And thus worthy of t-shirts and rings for the unc faithful.
    we'd 100% get rings as well in a tie
    1200. DDMF.

9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f! 9f!