Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Faison1, I would also add Mr. Kenny Anunike to the list of defensive standouts...just sayin'!

Just once, I'd like the team to accomplish its business early instead of keeping suspense high.

Even had Blakeny's Fumble been overturned (which it ought to have been), it was still again a good 20+ minutes before Duke found its rhythm, and Duke had massive issues dealing with Tanner Price taking off.

Next week, we face another running QB. Cannot repeat the same performance.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    Faison1, I would also add Mr. Kenny Anunike to the list of defensive standouts...just sayin'!
    In full agreement. That guy has been solid. More than solid.

Next week will be the ultimate test. Without looking at rosters, I bet UNC's O-line is big.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    ...I bet UNC's O-line is big.
    It isn't as big as Miami's.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It isn't as big as Miami's.
    Glad to hear that, although, with a 5-6 game winning streak, I'm guessing UNC might be more confident. Which team is considered to have a better rushing attack?

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Just once, I'd like the team to accomplish its business early instead of keeping suspense high.
    we're playing good teams, there's going to be suspense...we're not so superior that we're going to blow anyone out of the water all game...

we're in better shape and have more weapons, which allows us to compete down the stretch when the other team is worn out.
    April 1

Really proud of these coaches and this team. Down big early...didn't panic. Down again in the third...didn't panic.

Won the forth quarter...yet again. These guys are winners!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    However, at the risk of sounding like a sore winner, that decision to not overturn that fumble/scoop/score was absolutely atrocious and could well have cost us this game. Obviously, it'd be best not to let it be close enough to matter. But that simply wasn't the case today and that decision, plus a questionable holding call against Harding late in the game were bad. Really don't want to see any of that officiating crew again any time soon!
    Agree with the Harding call -- that was atrocious and could easily have cost us the game. I saw absolutely no evidence of holding.

However, the fumble I have no gripe with at all. Blakeney gave up the ball, pure and simple. The question of whether or not his knee was touching the turf prior to the time he gave up the ball is pure semantics. I'm really old school in this regard -- protect the ball until you are down and motionless and there is no question at all regarding the call.

My post-game thoughts? Easy!

LET'S GO DUKE! GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL! 9F!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Whew! Survive and advance. Rough first half including some sloppy ballhandling and the occasional bad call (including one inexplicably bad call on the fumble-TD). Thank goodness our defense stepped up after the first quarter, allowing just 7 more points the rest of the game. And the offense finally found its footing in time to lock up the W.

Love that we ran it down their throats to salt away the game at the end, getting multiple first downs and never relinquishing the ball.

Let this "miracle" season keeps rolling along against UNC!
    Last edited by -jk; 11-23-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: clarity

Ross Cockrell with the pick to seal it. I remember the 2010 game (I think) at Wake where Ross was thrown at time after time and one of the Wake WR telling him he wasn't good enough to play in the ACC or able to cover him. I talked with Ross' dad and an uncle after the game today. They both remembered the barking, too. Friends of ours who sat behind his dad at the game today said he was quite the cheerleader and erupted when Ross got the INT. Justice. Vindication. Well done, Mr. Cockrell.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by dubldvman View Post
    In fairness, Beth Mowins is a women's basketball analyst/commentator at her core. Next Saturday Duke Women vs. Kansas...albeit in Puerto Rico, not MSG. I think that may have been in her head.
    Then perhaps she should stick to that, it was very annoying having her call a football game...

I've been watching ESPN and ESPN2 all day (the Arizona win over Oregon was a neat game) - how come there's been no mention of Duke's historic (since 1941) 9-win season all day? Lots of other recap (Harvard/Yale, on the Baylor game, Wisconsin game, Florida game, etc. etc. etc.). Seriously….Duke not mentioned once.

What gives, sports media?!

Not to mention the game commentary was annoying to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by towerview road View Post
    I've been watching ESPN and ESPN2 all day (the Arizona win over Oregon was a neat game) - how come there's been no mention of Duke's historic (since 1941) 9-win season all day? Lots of other recap (Harvard/Yale, on the Baylor game, Wisconsin game, Florida game, etc. etc. etc.). Seriously….Duke not mentioned once.

My wife was reading wralsports.com and they mentioned that this is our first 9 win season since 1941! Are you kidding me? 72 years! Awesome job Cut, coaches, players and staff.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Okay, just posted that and they just praised Duke (first time all day). Clearly the number of posts I make is correlated with the number of Duke mentions on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Agree with the Harding call -- that was atrocious and could easily have cost us the game. I saw absolutely no evidence of holding.

However, the fumble I have no gripe with at all. Blakeney gave up the ball, pure and simple. The question of whether or not his knee was touching the turf prior to the time he gave up the ball is pure semantics. I'm really old school in this regard -- protect the ball until you are down and motionless and there is no question at all regarding the call.
    Strange notion. Rules iz rules. Obvious call on review and the refs still blew it.
    Last edited by -jk; 11-23-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    which allows us to compete down the stretch when the other team is worn out.
    Now that is something I'd never thought you'd ever hear anyone say about Duke football. I guess that just goes to show how far the program has come under Coach Cut.
    I recall early on under Coach Cut, there were games where the team looked good for the early parts of a game only to falter down the strecth and people would lament how Duke was well coached, but just didn't have the horses to compete. Now it appears things have changed and the team is in every game from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by towerview road View Post

I have a feeling that when/if we beat UNC next week, we will be doing just fine in national media attention. Eye on the prize...

So when will the statue of Cutcliffe be placed in front of Wallace Wade? Or maybe naming the field?!?

Great win, now all I got to say is GTHC!!!!

One big game coming, huge and of course can't be overlooked, but...

FSU looks like it might be playing the title game without their superstar QB. The drama around that would be an enormous distraction. Too bad for the other players on the team, but the school can't be having a star with pending rape charges in the ACC and BCS title game. If the DA slows it down until after the season, then charges him, it will appear to be favoritism. If he is charged and not convicted, then the school will have lost out unfairly and the DA will suffer.