Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 91, UNC-A 55 - Post-Game thread

Nice win. Nice depth. Better FTs.

-jk

Every time Jabari shoots I think it's going in. Such a fun player to watch.

This team will be close to unstoppable if we work out box outs and rebounding.

I love Semi's play tonight - I hope he turns this into a regular spot in the rotation - keeps Hood from having to slide over to the 4 so much

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Every time Jabari shoots I think it's going in. Such a fun player to watch.
    That could be because most of the time that he shoots, it IS going in. He is so fun to watch. Hood isn't so bad either and I am enjoying the way the team is moving the ball around offensively. And when Andre is going off, look out. If Dre gets crowded this year, he looks much more likely to put it on the floor and create something. Fun team to watch.

We played fine, but what was with all of the empty seats/bleachers?

We still missed too many free throws, but other than that, everything was good.

Great rebounding. 42-28. Nice to see the team continue to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    We played fine, but what was with all of the empty seats/bleachers?
    I *think* the PNIT is not a free game for students.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    We still missed too many free throws, but other than that, everything was good.
    73% from the line. If we do that every game, we'll be fine.

And speaking of everything being good, Jabari Parker. He'd be a stud in the NBA today, and he's got a long year (at least) to develop. Scary. Just freaking scary.

P.S. Semi.

Last years team was really good but boy did we struggle sometimes against this type of team. This team is killing it!

Quote Originally Posted by mbd1mbd1 View Post
    I *think* the PNIT is not a free game for students.
    Not quite - the gameday staff gave 200 seats in the undergrad section (both north and south ends) to the two teams playing the later game and their fans. Attendance was free as usual for students, but there was just low turnout.

After the game, Coach K expressed his disappointment in the student turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    As I did myself as well.......I'm 1500 miles away in New Mexico and would killllllllllllll to attend a FREE Duke Basketball game!
    I cant believe my eyes when there are empty bleacher seats at Duke games????
    I'm tired of hearing the "We had to study for tests" excuse, so what gives Duke undergrads?

Not sure Monday is the best night for a game against an opponent that isn't a big draw on its own. When my kids were at Duke (last decade) Monday was one of the few nights that seemed to be dedicated to studying.

Still, it did look very sparse. Hopefully it will pick up a bit tomorrow.

Exams this week.

73% from the line. If we do that every game, we'll be fine.

And speaking of everything being good, Jabari Parker. He'd be a stud in the NBA today, and he's got a long year (at least) to develop. Scary. Just freaking scary.

P.S. Semi.
    OK, I thought it was less than that just watching the game, but, I agree that 73% is fine.

No excuse for empty seats... This team is so entertaining... I was streaming periodically at work... Caught Jabari's dunk on the fast break... Shaazaaaammmm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Not sure Monday is the best night for a game against an opponent that isn't a big draw on its own. When my kids were at Duke (last decade) Monday was one of the few nights that seemed to be dedicated to studying.

Still, it did look very sparse. Hopefully it will pick up a bit tomorrow.
    spot on....

there is often a ton of class work due just before thanksgiving
    it was a monday night game against a cupcake

the people on here calling out the students need to get off the high horse...especially after the students packed the student section in WW the past two weeks...

take your pick...would you rather an empty WW and packed for UNCA in cameron, or the other way around?

students don't have infinite time to give.
    1200. DDMF.

Another night to experiment

Easy win allowed us to expriment and give new players PT. Five players with 10 or more and Semi got some burn. Good for him and good for the team.

What more can be saidd about Jabari? Great talent and he will only get better if he can stay healthy.

Boxscore

Duke 91 -- UNC-Asheville 55

Good shooting from 3-pt continues. Andre's shot looks great.

Is a 3-pt shot a good one for Semi? I don't know his game well enough to judge, but he was open, went 2-2, and the shots looked pretty good. 10 points and 5 rebounds in 14 minutes...Semi begins to carve out a role and some playing time?

Jabari had his 21 points and 10 rebounds...in 19 minutes! 6 Turnovers, but I agree with Doris Burke that he is trying to get others involved and make plays for now, and that he can be more careful as the season goes on.

Don't know who else is good in their conference, but UNC-Asheville has some talent and could get to the NCAA Tournament; they settled down, and actually ended up with fewer turnovers (15) than Duke (16).