Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't really care where we are in the 20's in the Coaches/AP polls, but it would be nice to get a BCS ranking since that's the one that is used in the media once that poll starts. I want to see a number next to our name next week.

Quote Originally Posted by towerview road View Post
    Sigh. I don't get the polls. CBS has a predicted AP poll up and they have us at #23...they also have 8-3 teams in the top-25 (higher than us) without any wins over ranked teams...I don't get it! Why is Texas A&M so highly ranked, for example? Yes, they have "Johnny Football" but they haven't beaten a single ranked opponent in their 8-3 schedule. UCLA at #21 after losing to Arizona State?
    ummm... I love your blue tinted glasses support for the football team, but I don't think the comparison to the Aggies is close. A&M's three losses are to (projected) #1 Alabama 49-42, and #4 Auburn 45-41, and #16 LSU 34-10. Duke's were to unranked Georgia Tech (6-5) 38-14 and Pitt (7-4) 58-55. Yeah, Duke beat VTech (7-4) and Miami (8-3), who happened to be ranked at the time, but neither has proven worthy of a ranking and are today not even in the conversation. I'd say A&M's wins over Ole Miss (was 7-4), and Vanderbilt (was 7-4) were at least somewhat comparable. Aside from those games, both teams have beaten mediocre to poor opponents.

UCLA is a little less obvious, but still they've lost to (projected) #9 Stanford, #12 Oregon, and #17 Arizona State. Meanwhile they've beaten decent Nebraska (8-3), Washington (7-4) and Arizona (7-4) teams. I find it hard to be up in arms about being a couple of slots lower than them in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    ... would be nice to get a BCS ranking ...
    Is there a website that ranks all of the 120-whatever FBS schools using the BCS criteria ... in other words, that shows the BCS standings (a bit at least) beyond the official top 25 of the BCS ...

I just want to see us ranked NEXT Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I just want to see us ranked NEXT Sunday.
    Yup. Just keep winning. Everything else will take care of itself.

GO DUKE.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Is there a website that ranks all of the 120-whatever FBS schools using the BCS criteria ... in other words, that shows the BCS standings (a bit at least) beyond the official top 25 of the BCS ...
    Yup - http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rankings/bcs

Duke was 26th last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    And, we are projected 24th this week, but he does not yet know the human votes.

The AP poll is in. Right now it lists Louisiana-Lafayette at #21 -- they meant Louisville -- and has no #25. Which proves that people who are paid to write sports are functionally illiterate.

Anyway, Duke rose from #25 to #24. Notre Dame (which was #27) entered at #25.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The AP poll Which proves that people who are paid to write sports are functionally illiterate.
    Whale, I wood be ofended if eye coud jus figger out the write words.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Whale, I wood be ofended if eye coud jus figger out the write words.
    Hey, at least you gave a quick response. Sigh. Sometimes I feel like I could save the world if I were hired as Mankind's Copy Editor.

Here is the USA Today Coaches Poll. As I predicted, Minnesota was replaced by Cincinnati. As I did not predict, USC jumped over Duke into #23, while Duke stayed at #24. Let's hope Duke can still inch into the BCS rankings tonight.

FWIW, so-called "BCS Expert" Jerry Palm has Duke at #24 in his latest projection of the BCS standings.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Hey, at least you gave a quick response. Sigh. Sometimes I feel like I could save the world if I were hired as Mankind's Copy Editor.

Here is the USA Today Coaches Poll. As I predicted, Minnesota was replaced by Cincinnati. As I did not predict, USC jumped over Duke into #23, while Duke stayed at #24. Let's hope Duke can still inch into the BCS rankings tonight.

Thanks for the complement from you're end. Its always appreciated.

Okay, I'll stop now. But yes, I do sometimes lament the decline of basic literacy. I blame text messaging.

I like Ed Orgeron as much as the next guy, but we should be ahead of USC. No problems being behind UCLA, though.

The AP poll has a cluster of teams from 19-25: Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Louisville, South Carolina, UCLA, Texas A&M. And Duke. Excellent company in the world of college football.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    The AP poll has a cluster of teams from 19-25: Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Louisville, South Carolina, UCLA, Texas A&M. And Duke. Excellent company in the world of college football.
    I guess you mixed up Southern Cal and South Carolina, as they are both USC. South Carolina is #10.

AP 19-25:

19. Texas A&M
    20. Oklahoma
    21. Louisville
    22. UCLA
    23. USC
    24. Duke
    25. Notre Dame

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    I guess you mixed up Southern Cal and South Carolina, as they are both USC. South Carolina is #10.

AP 19-25:

19. Texas A&M
    20. Oklahoma
    21. Louisville
    22. UCLA
    23. USC
    24. Duke
    25. Notre Dame
    One of the bowl projections (SB nation maybe?) has us in Atlanta...against USC...coached by Spurrier. How fun would that be?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If that happens I'm going to officially invite the ol Ball Coach to my tailgate. Hey coach, my cousin is a VP at Ping. you show up and I'll give you a new set of irons and a sure fire play to run on 4th and short inside your own 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    One of the bowl projections (SB nation maybe?) has us in Atlanta...against USC...coached by Spurrier. How fun would that be?
    Do people here really call South Carolina USC? I'm from California, the center of the universe (in our minds), so this is all incredibly confusing to me.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Head View Post
    Do people here really call South Carolina USC? I'm from California, the center of the universe (in our minds), so this is all incredibly confusing to me.
    Get your part of the state to actually secede, then you can be official.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Head View Post
    Not only that, but where I live when someone says "Carolina" they mean South, not North.