Reasons to Respect Duke Football

If you're not on the bandwagon yet, maybe this video will do it for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmtl1...&feature=share

sportscenter love for Duke Football

lives near a number of big white buildings
    Thank you Devil in the Blue Dress and NMduke2001 for posting those video links. I would have missed those interesting videos otherwise as I'm sure many others here would also have.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartDevil View Post
    Thank you Devil in the Blue Dress and NMduke2001 for posting those video links. I would have missed those interesting videos otherwise as I'm sure many others here would also have.
    My thanks as well, they were great and I would have missed both.

Who is that CP guy? He is funny but if I am supposed to know who he is I am afraid I do not recognize him. Very well done. And the ESPN breakdown is also informative.

Clinton Portis, former Bronco and Redskin ... known for dressing up in costumes for press conferences w/ the Skins.

Does Duke play football?

"You're damn RIGHT we play football!"

-- Coach David Cutcliffe
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post

-- Coach David Cutcliffe
    Well that certainly fired me up. GoDukeFootball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me!!"

Ya don't get much "sock it to me" anymore...time to bring it back, old school style!

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Clinton Portis, former Bronco and Redskin ... known for dressing up in costumes for press conferences w/ the Skins.
    Link

--Jason "NFL interview rooms are a poorer place without Clinton Portis" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Don't forget to mention former Miami Hurricane

I love Clinton Portis. One of my all-time favorite players.

I met him at a Georgetown basketball game back in 2007, when he was still playing for the Skins. Super nice guy, very friendly.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This is kind of a cool ranking system, and it shows David Cutcliffe sits solidly atop the "best coaches in the country" list. The rankings are the coaches on the hot seat. To no huge surprise, UVA's Mike London sits at the pinnacle of coaches their fans would like to see not come back. There are 120 total, excluding a few that have no rankings at all, and Coach Cut is at 106...14 spots "behind" Nick Saban.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...ition/15033374
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This is kind of a cool ranking system, and it shows David Cutcliffe sits solidly atop the "best coaches in the country" list. The rankings are the coaches on the hot seat. To no huge surprise, UVA's Mike London sits at the pinnacle of coaches their fans would like to see not come back. There are 120 total, excluding a few that have no rankings at all, and Coach Cut is at 106...14 spots "behind" Nick Saban.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sp...ition/15033374
    Norm Chow's intersting. I seem to recall a lot of folks wanting us to get him when Ted left.

Glad we got David.

Duke has been good to Cut, and Cut has been good to Duke. May they continue building for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    If you're not on the bandwagon yet, maybe this video will do it for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmtl1...&feature=share
    Great video and it's good to see Duke actually getting some respect. One small nitpick though, he repeated the false claim that Duke is Bowl eligible in consecutive seasons for the first time ever. I know it's minor and just needs to be worded differently but it still irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post

-- Coach David Cutcliffe
    Reminded me of this from Breaking Bad:

http://vimeo.com/48291572

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Great video and it's good to see Duke actually getting some respect. One small nitpick though, he repeated the false claim that Duke is Bowl eligible in consecutive seasons for the first time ever. I know it's minor and just needs to be worded differently but it still irks me.
    It's one of those fallacies that has been repeated enough times that it's accepted as gospel.

Don't think on it too hard, we're having a great season that still has the potential to be a momentous season.

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Devil_91_92_01_10 View Post
    It's one of those fallacies that has been repeated enough times that it's accepted as gospel.

Don't think on it too hard, we're having a great season that still has the potential to be a momentous season.

Go Duke!
    True dat! Many improper and incorrect tidbits will be passed off as truth as this program rises. Eyes forward, looking toward the next step up the ladder of success!