Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Jabari

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    In all of your marathon ramblings, mumblings and mutterings, THIS may be the funniest thing you've ever said.
    I won't refute you with specifics ( don't have the energy) but highly doubt the Van Horn even makes the Top 10. Humorous nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    There was a lump in my throat, too, until the unfortunate statement about thanking all the "little people". Oops. Perhaps thanking all the folks behind the scenes would have been a more mature way of saying it.

Love, Ima

I've really enjoyed watching Jabaro, but between the little people comment and his indicating that Carmelo didn't have teammates on the Knicks, I'm beginning to see why Coach K doesn't encourage his players to give interviews during the season. He's a bright guy, but he's a teenager at whom many grown ups have been showering attention for years. It would be a little odd if he was especially humble--which is why next year will likely be an eye opener... he's really good, but there are dozens and dozens of NBA players who are more athletic than he is, and quite a few of them have a skill or two that he doesn't have. ie, he wants some competition? he'll get it, especially if he keeps inadvertently dissing people.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I've really enjoyed watching Jabaro, but between the little people comment and his indicating that Carmelo didn't have teammates on the Knicks, I'm beginning to see why Coach K doesn't encourage his players to give interviews during the season. He's a bright guy, but he's a teenager at whom many grown ups have been showering attention for years. It would be a little odd if he was especially humble--which is why next year will likely be an eye opener... he's really good, but there are dozens and dozens of NBA players who are more athletic than he is, and quite a few of them have a skill or two that he doesn't have. ie, he wants some competition? he'll get it, especially if he keeps inadvertently dissing people.
    Wow, I think you are really reading an awful lot into that comment. I seriously doubt it was an intentional burn, but rather an attempt to reach out and be thankful to people who helped him along the way.