Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Michigan State vs. Kentucky Score Predictions

The under card in the champions classic features the 2 two teams we have already beaten in this event. Vegas has the Spartans as a 3.5 point favorite but I am leaning towards the cats in this matchup. I like Kentucky in an 86-77 victory. Thoughts?

I'm going to go all crazy and pick msu 79-74 in an arena well stocked with sparty fans.
    Johnny C might think I'm not being fair so I hope he doesn't start crying.

I really hate Calimari and believe he does not know coaching, his team gonna lost big tonight.

MSU wins 79-70. combination of talent and experience will overwhelm the wildcats, who will need their bench to preform at full depth due to the large #of fouls called.

81-69 UK goes HAM

Cal said it's unfair to make his team play Michigan State and agreed to forfeit the game.

0-0 MSU

Bold prediction: MSU will crush UK by 10 points, 82-68

More realistic prediction: Calipari is seen giving Okafor a thick envelope. Okafor opens the envelope in front of the cameras, showing the stack of high society, smiling, and giving the envelope back to Calipari. Calipari resigns the next day. Okafor commits to Duke on Friday, saying that Calipari had tried to bride him and Tyus multiple times but neither recruit caved.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I predict more fouls than field goals made

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Bold prediction: MSU will crush UK by 10 points, 82-68

More realistic prediction: Calipari is seen giving Okafor a thick envelope. Okafor opens the envelope in front of the cameras, showing the stack of high society, smiling, and giving the envelope back to Calipari. Calipari is named head coach at another school the next day to avoid paying for his transgression. Okafor commits to Duke on Friday, saying that Calipari had tried to bride him and Tyus multiple times but neither recruit caved.
    Fixed.

I like MSU by a lot as well. I think it's a completely unfair and one-sided matchup.

Bold prediction: MSU will crush UK by 10 points, 82-68.
    You mean 14 points, right?

I think a UK win would be unfortunate, because that would mean that they are talented enough to take down a much more experienced/seasoned MSU team without having had much time to gel.
    Honestly, I hope they get the doors blown off and take several months to recover their confidence

However, doesn't MSU tend to struggle early in the season and peak towards the tournament?
    This might be a common misconception, but I seem to remember this being the case.

Bold prediction

More realistic prediction
    Lies! I count two bold predictions.

As for my (serious) score, I say 71-65 UK. I may not be sold on UK's freshmen, but they are more likely to prove me wrong than MSU's PG Appling.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    in an arena well stocked with sparty fans.
    I don't know, those Cats travel. I bet the first game makes up over 70% of the crowd given the proximity of MSU and the utter madness of UK.

MSU= 78 vs. Kentucky= 71. Cal is outcoached by Izzo and comes out the loser he is. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    I don't know, those Cats travel. I bet the first game makes up over 70% of the crowd given the proximity of MSU and the utter madness of UK.
    Lord!, yes. I was at the Maui Invitational when UK brought 500 fans without tickets. Duke won the first semi, and all of us stayed to see the ncaa rematch of UK AZ.

Fans were sitting on the steps (Fire Marshall be damned) or shut out entirely. Ugly.

But without a doubt, UK travels well!

-jk

MSU 71-63- I have no confidence in Calipari's system right now, while you cannot argue with MSU's consistent success.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1 View Post
    MSU 71-63- I have no confidence in Calipari's system right now, while you cannot argue with MSU's consistent success.
    sorry but how is MSU success more consistent than Cal's? it's true that he missed the ncaa last year, but izzo had a 19-15 season with a 1st round exit just 3 years ago. over a 5 year span, KY is better on just about any metric you want to look at.

For those interested, we've opened DBR Chat.

-jk

this isn't the same team as the group who lost the first round of the NIT last year, but it's the same coaching staff…….and the guys on UK last year weren't chopped liver…..

it remains to be seen how this super group will "gel"……..sparty will try hard to hamper that…
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Lord!, yes. I was at the Maui Invitational when UK brought 500 fans without tickets. Duke won the first semi, and all of us stayed to see the ncaa rematch of UK AZ.

Fans were sitting on the steps (Fire Marshall be damned) or shut out entirely. Ugly.

But without a doubt, UK travels well!

-jk
    To be fair, Chicago is decidedly not Hawaii...