WBB: Duke 70, Cal 58

The #2 ladies are playing #9 Cal on ESPNU right now.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    The #2 ladies are playing #9 Cal on ESPNU right now.
    Glad I checked the forum. It's great to see the women doing well against a good team on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    Glad I checked the forum. It's great to see the women doing well against a good team on the road!
    DBR Chat going on now, too. C'mon by.

-jk

Nice win, great weekend to be a Devil!

Final: 70-58 DUKE wins

Nice win - top ten team on the road!

-jk

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That was a solid win. We started off behind, and turned the deficit into a sizeable lead. Defense, just as last year, was impressive to watch. Even in "garbage time", our team never quits and I love that.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Absolutely agree. And a season opener too against a Final Four team that returned most of its talent.

These seniors were part of a great freshman class from whom much was anticipated, yet they haven't made it to the Final Four.* This is their season.

But I gotta ask: What the heck is up with that enormous bear stencil covering half the court at Cal? I find it distracting, overdone, poorly executed, and not aesthetically appealing. These arenas have gone all Boise State on us, and I'm not in favor. After watching that game, I had to stare at a photo of the Cameron floor for 10 minutes just to bring my zen back.

*Not to minimize their considerable successes in spite of injuries that could have broken a lesser squad, but I know this group is hungry for that FF and more.

I could quibble about some bad transition defense. I could quibble about free-throw shooting. But I'm not going to. Solid way to start the year.

My favorite stat: Amber Henson, 11 minutes. Great to see her finally contribute after battling injuries for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    I could quibble about some bad transition defense. I could quibble about free-throw shooting. But I'm not going to. Solid way to start the year.

My favorite stat: Amber Henson, 11 minutes. Great to see her finally contribute after battling injuries for two years.
    spot on. what it comes down to is this is what a national championship contender SHOULD look like.
    April 1