Would You Rather ?

As a Duke fan, would you rather see UNC win the tournament or Florida win, which would equal Duke's back to back ?

????????????

You are trying to make us cry, aren't you?

I will put money on: neither will win it all.

I still think we can do it.

UNC. They'll still be whining about Hansbroughgate too much to realize they won.

Florida

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    As a Duke fan, would you rather see UNC win the tournament or Florida win, which would equal Duke's back to back ?
    As much as it pains me- having Florida win would be better. You could always hope for some violation that might disqualify them in the end. But either scenario is painful- fortunately both cannot win.

Florida is the only answer there.

Florida would be too physical for the Heels anyhoo.

Oh, please. I would rather see Florida three-peat than see UNC win another game. Ever.

Interestingly, my friends and I were having this exact same discussion prior to yesterday's tip against Carolina.

I really do not want Florida to eclipse Duke as the "most recent back-to-back," (not to mention, usurping their current Tiger slam with a legitmate dual championship in football and basketball) but this ultimately boils down to very simple answer -- there is absolutely no way you can prefer a Carolina championship.

None.

I'd rather see UNC win.

I'd rather see the Salukis go--all--the--way.

No doubt....

Florida could win the next 10 and it would be better than the "Tar Heels" ever winning another one...

In addition: New nicknmae for Hansblah-blah...just call him JT and sing "Cry me a river"

Hi,

What are you guys talking about? Duke is about to go on a ROLL. I want the Devils to win it all. If they don't I think the tournament is rigged and the anti-Duke bias is the cause of their not winning.

GO DUKE!

BTW, in the post John Wooden/Sam Gilbert era, there's been only one occurrence of a school winning in the year N and then again in year N+2. (Kentucky, 1996 and 1998.) Just as with winning in N and N+1 (us).

I can't even think of too many instances of winning in N and even making the Final Four in N+2, although we did it with N = 1992 and unc did it with N = 1993.

(Just remembered another one, Loovul with N = 1980.)
    Last edited by hurleyfor3; 03-05-2007 at 09:39 PM.

Other examples...

I think Michigan State made the FF in 1999, won in all in 2000, then made the FF again in 2001. Maryland made it in 2001 and won it in 2002. Of course, the ultimate streak in the latest 20 years is when we made the FF or won 5 straight years, and 7 of 9.
    Last edited by Highlander; 03-05-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    "There can BE only one."

In my book, Florida doesn't even have a chance... especially after the recent performances. But want UNC to win a National Championship? What is this, a Carolina board? NO ONE wants UNC to get another legitimate banner (unless it says HELMS on it!).
    DukeDevilDeb

To be the unpopular voice...

I always cheer for ACC teams in the tourney... if/when Duke bows out. Yes, even for Carolina. It was tougher to cheer for the 'Twerps, but I still managed it.

Call it a sick sense of loyalty or whatever, but I think a showing of ACC strength makes Duke look better as well.

After the last 36 hours, I think I'd prefer both scenarios to reading 147 threads on the Herndercident.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

great question. it should be a poll