Fantasy Football Trade Advice

Hey guys, I apologize if this is waaaaaaaaay off topic, but I need some quick trade advice before this guy cancels a trade he offered me, and this board seems to be full of knowledgeable sports fans, so I could really use some advice.

So here's the scenario, I'm in a 12-team 0.5 PPR league. You can start up to 3 RBs (2 RB slots, 1 RB/WR flex), and up to 4 WRs (2 WR slots, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex) My team is 6-2-1 currently, and I'm barely in the playoffs, which is only 4 of the 12 teams. (I'm in 4th place) My defense is on bye this week, and I really don't want to drop anyone on the roster, not even my defense because its the Chiefs, and they've been awesome. So I need to make a 2 for 1 trade to gain a roster spot.

I'm being offered Dez Bryant for CJ Spiller and Andre Ellington.

At RB, I currently have Spiller, Ellington, Knowshon Moreno, Ray Rice (he's been awful), Mike James, and Andre Brown.

At WR, I currently have Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Keenan Allen, Anquan Boldin, and James Jones.

Should I do this deal or try to make a better deal with someone else?

Thanks, and again, sorry if this is way too off topic for this board . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Hey guys, I apologize if this is waaaaaaaaay off topic, but I need some quick trade advice before this guy cancels a trade he offered me, and this board seems to be full of knowledgeable sports fans, so I could really use some advice.

So here's the scenario, I'm in a 12-team 0.5 PPR league. You can start up to 3 RBs (2 RB slots, 1 RB/WR flex), and up to 4 WRs (2 WR slots, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 WR/TE flex) My team is 6-2-1 currently, and I'm barely in the playoffs, which is only 4 of the 12 teams. (I'm in 4th place) My defense is on bye this week, and I really don't want to drop anyone on the roster, not even my defense because its the Chiefs, and they've been awesome. So I need to make a 2 for 1 trade to gain a roster spot.

I'm being offered Dez Bryant for CJ Spiller and Andre Ellington.

At RB, I currently have Spiller, Ellington, Knowshon Moreno, Ray Rice (he's been awful), Mike James, and Andre Brown.

At WR, I currently have Andre Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Keenan Allen, Anquan Boldin, and James Jones.

Should I do this deal or try to make a better deal with someone else?

Thanks, and again, sorry if this is way too off topic for this board . . .
    I'm in a non-PPR league and this is what I use for trade valuations:

CBS Fantasy Football Trade Value Chart

Basically, take the points for Dez and see if the value for Spiller + Ellington equal or are less and you can tell if you're getting a good deal or not.

If it were me, I'd do the deal and roll with Moreno and Rice/James in the RB slot. Put Dez in WR1, and you have Johnson, Garcon, Allen and Boldin for the other WR spots and the Flex. Spiller has had the one good game and though he may be ready to turn things around, you've got Moreno and a decent #2. Maybe something out there on the WW too to help for depth at RB.

You could also see if he'll do Dez for one of those RBs and maybe package Allen or Boldin and roll that way.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

I have Decker. I've read that his fantasy playoff matchups are bad, and he's good to sell high.

Then again, I generally regard FFB as a rodeo of luck, not design, and I'm skeptical that any advice in FFB has much predictive power.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I have Decker. I've read that his fantasy playoff matchups are bad, and he's good to sell high.

Then again, I generally regard FFB as a rodeo of luck, not design, and I'm skeptical that any advice in FFB has much predictive power.
    I see it as basically following trends... like riding the stock market. Knowing when to get on a player's bandwagon because he's on a hot streak and hopefully knowing when to get off before he crashes the wagon into a wall. And its a fun way to take the sting out of my team having a clunker of a season this year.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

I would not do it. You are strong at WR already and this trade weakens you too much at RB. I think Spiller is getting ready to explode as he gets healthier.