Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rasheed Sulaimon's status

Everything OK? I read the post-game reports, wasn't feeling well physically and not able fully to practice. Anything else? Starter against Davidson?

We need this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Everything OK? I read the post-game reports, wasn't feeling well physically and not able fully to practice. Anything else? Starter against Davidson?

We need this guy.
    I really like rasheed, I think when his head is in the game, he is an elite guard. Here's to a healthy sheed!

Jesus... these named threads without any context always gets my heart racing.

I thought he injured his big toe or something...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Heard he's been sick, that's all. Some minor cold stuff going around campus right now. No big deal.

From the Observer's Luke DeCock:

An illness kept Sulaimon out of Duke’s second exhibition game, but he went 1-for-5 from the floor in the first and he’s so deep in Krzyzewski’s doghouse he might find notes left by Nolan Smith and Gerald Henderson (both of whom eventually found their way out). Sulaimon averaged 11.6 points last season, and only three players attempted more shots, but if anything his role has shrunk.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
    sagegrouse

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    In other words, he is an important player, who will certainly play, but he may not be the starter RIGHT NOW. This is Duke. He is still a young guy who is still growing into himself as a player. He will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Heard he's been sick, that's all. Some minor cold stuff going around campus right now. No big deal.
    Way worse than a cold going around campus -- fever, full malaise, lots of students missing class for around a week, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

sagegrouse
    Wow. If true, that is really surprising. I'm actually a little baffled.

I thought Rasheed was going to be in the mold of Redick / Singler / Ewing / Battier - a complete and utter Coach K favorite who sees as many minutes as he can handle.

Hope Rasheed gets up to speed.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

I thought Rasheed was going to be in the mold of Redick / Singler / Ewing / Battier - a complete and utter Coach K favorite who sees as many minutes as he can handle.

I would imagine Coach K believes he can be that kind of player and may be trying to push him in that direction.

We'll need him to be Rasheed if we are to have a chance to beat Kansas. Davidson could be difficult without him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    We'll need him to be Rasheed if we are to have a chance to beat Kansas. Davidson could be difficult without him as well.
    Agreed.

I feel the need - the need for Sheed.

Where did the Charlotte Observer columnist come up with the "doghouse" comment? Rasheed shot poorly in the first exhibition game, OK, but Coach K doesn't get down on proven players for poor shot execution in any given game if the shot selection was good, especially if they were playing hard, making the right decisions, and playing tough defense. How many times have we heard Coach say in a post-game interview, "I thought we took good shots" even when those shots didn't fall consistently?

I hope Rasheed was just not feeling well last week. But I've got this prickly sensation making me wonder if that's the entire story. Maybe I just ate some bad shellfish.

I said last year when he was playing. He is iffy. Lo and behold look at the team we have. The competition may be too much for him. Pre season Rodney Hood up in points. I feel Dawkins will be supreme for the team. Rasheed has a lot, lot of competition! He has to produce, and make it happen! I do not thin he will start. As I said last year.

Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeAlumBS View Post
    I said last year when he was playing. He is iffy. Lo and behold look at the team we have. The competition may be too much for him. Pre season Rodney Hood up in points. I feel Dawkins will be supreme for the team. Rasheed has a lot, lot of competition! He has to produce, and make it happen! I do not thin he will start. As I said last year.

Go Duke!
    Except he did start last year. And most likely he will start most of the games this year. Rasheed is a great defensive player and has a ton of potential as an offensive player as well. Hopefully, if he really is in K's doghouse, he'll break out of it and get back on track as the great player he can be.

Go Duke!
    I'm guessing that yours is a minority opinion. Sheed will get it rolling.

Sheed

[QUOTE=slower;673967]I'm guessing that yours is a minority opinion. Minority?
    Sheed will not start this year. IMO.
    There is too much there for him to compete with
    Rodney Hood changes this. IMO Sheed is not in the league as the bests!
    I take Andre Dawkins in a clinch!
    Have nice day
    Jimmy

Sheed will not start this year. IMO.
    There is too much there for him to compete with
    Rodney Hood changes this. IMO Sheed is not in the league as the bests!
    I take Andre Dawkins in a clinch!
    Have nice day
    Jimmy
    Of our 3 wing guards, Rasheed brings the most to the table with his game. He will not be competing with Hood who will be used as a hybrid forward. If Duke is to be successful this season, they will need Rasheed to bring his game.

I'm eager for the season to start so that we can minimize our fantasizing about imagined divisions and frailties within our own team.

Rasheed in the doghouse? Rasheed afraid of competition? Puhleeze... Rasheed strikes me as a very talented warrior who started throughout his freshman year on a top 5 team and will likely start throughout his Duke career until he becomes an NBA first rounder. Combination of Nolan and Gerald? That sounds about right; as I seem to recall, both were great--and both kept getting better throughout their Duke careers. I expect as much from Sheed.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Where did the Charlotte Observer columnist come up with the "doghouse" comment? Rasheed shot poorly in the first exhibition game, OK, but Coach K doesn't get down on proven players for poor shot execution in any given game if the shot selection was good, especially if they were playing hard, making the right decisions, and playing tough defense. How many times have we heard Coach say in a post-game interview, "I thought we took good shots" even when those shots didn't fall consistently?

I hope Rasheed was just not feeling well last week. But I've got this prickly sensation making me wonder if that's the entire story. Maybe I just ate some bad shellfish.
    I'm guessing (and "guessing" is the operative word) that the reporter based this mostly on the fact that Coach K would not name Rasheed a presumptive starter in his pre-season presser. It's a pretty big stretch from there to "doghouse," but the language is colorful, and it certainly got our attention--which is a major goal of most journalists.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I'm guessing (and "guessing" is the operative word) that the reporter based this mostly on the fact that Coach K would not name Rasheed a presumptive starter in his pre-season presser. It's a pretty big stretch from there to "doghouse," but the language is colorful, and it certainly got our attention--which is a major goal of most journalists.
    I had heard that Sulaimon was in the doghouse as well, before this was written. Whether it's true or not, maybe it will end up being a good thing. K doesn't do anything for no reason. Rasheed is awesome as it is, a little extra fire underneath him can't be a bad thing.

I'd almost rather him be in the doghouse than sick. Doghouse means he's still working hard and is able to come back at any time. Sick for a long period of time is never good.

Regardless, I hope he plays tomorrow night.