Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Can't wait for Davidson to get tired. We can really run then... if we still have anyone eligible.

What's up with Dawkins - snuck in last minute of the half...

Wow, I guess Jabari just isn't ever going to miss a shot.

Nice to see that opponents still respect Andre's shot. Quinn got a wide open layup because Andre's man refused to help off of Andre in the corner.

Hood and especially Parker are as good as advertised... Our ft shooting aside from Parker is a concern

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Hood and especially Parker are as good as advertised... Our ft shooting aside from Parker is a concern
    They might want to get better at it. Looks like they will be shooting a lot of them.

Anyone besides me think Parker's game resembles Mr.Hill's type of game? Just more of a polished scorer. Which is scary to think about!
    Last edited by Wildling; 11-08-2013 at 07:59 PM. Reason: brain fart

Quote Originally Posted by moreilly View Post
    Anyone besides me think Parker's game resembles Mr.Hill's type of game? Just more of a polished scorer. Which is scary to think about!
    I don't. Parker has more of a post game... A little less athletic but more well rounded.

I think Carmelo (as one analyst just said) and Kevin Durant both seem like reasonable comparisons as well. Not bad.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I don't. Parker has more of a post game... A little less athletic but more well rounded.
    Yeah. I don't see Grant's game here. What I see more of is Lamar Odom's game.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Also, Grant's jumper wasn't this good his freshman year.

Nice start

Love this team.
    1) We are pushing the ball, but show some restraint if the quick open shot is not there.
    2) Hood and Jabari are the real deal
    3) Defense is behind...
    4) FG defense a bit off

Of course its only a half...

this is usually when i'm criticizing………….i'm not…..

the new rules and take on officiating with me a work in process...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Hmm nice observation. Odom is a very good comparison.

Shooting 73% from the field so far. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Time will tell. I don't recall much of Odom's collegiate career.

Time will tell. I don't recall much of Odom's collegiate career.
    That's because there wasn't much of one. I think he put in maybe a year at Rhode Island after sitting out a year for NCAA violations.

Wasn't there a poster who kept claiming Andre would beat out Rasheed at the wing?

umm yeah

Quote Originally Posted by duke09hms View Post
    Wasn't there a poster who kept claiming Andre would beat out Rasheed at the wing?

umm yeah
    If we are referencing me, I did say that Rasheed wouldn't be the starter until he got out of his funk, but I honestly didn't know if it would be Matt or Dre that took his spot. It turned out that it was Tyler. With that said, Rasheed looks to be out of his slump. I would love him to start now that he is playing well.

Actually, I don't care if he starts. The minutes are what matter, not who is starting. He has had a heck of a game... AND HE DIDN'T START.

I am glad we have a lot of depth. We discuss all of the time that K only plays 7-8 players but with the new foul rules he will have to play 9-10 just to keep bodies on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    If we are referencing me, I did say that Rasheed wouldn't be the starter until he got out of his funk, but I honestly didn't know if it would be Matt or Dre that took his spot. It turned out that it was Tyler. With that said, Rasheed looks to be out of his slump. I would love him to start now that he is playing well.

Actually, I don't care if he starts. The minutes are what matter, not who is starting. He has had a heck of a game... AND HE DIDN'T START.
    Nah it was someone else who was quite adamant Andre would beat out Rasheed for minutes. But yeah I agree, minutes are what's important. I do think a Quinn-Tyler starting lineup might give up too much size at the guard spots though.